This is just impressive.

This is just impressive.

This is a discussion on This is just impressive. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've been into weightlifting since before highschool. I got away from it for a few years after highschool but I've been training pretty hard the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is just impressive.

This is just impressive.

I've been into weightlifting since before highschool. I got away from it for a few years after highschool but I've been training pretty hard the last two months again (finally got me a good set of weights and equipment) Anywho, I thought this looked impressive(more like unreal) and thought I would post it here.

Here is a quiz for you, Who is that? and, How much weight is that?

The answer,"Alot of weight." doesn't count. :D

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Who is that? Some guy who is going to the hospital in about 5 minutes with a double hernia and, How much weight is that? I don't know, but it's enough to give you a hernia
    I'm into weight lifting abet, I curl 12 to 16 oz's every chance I get, somtimes even a 40 every now and then

j/k. I have a friend that is heavy into weight lifting, I think he looks huge, he feels that he's not big enough .

Wayne

Don't know who he is but I think he's lifting 500 lbs

Allan

not sure about who that is, but those look like the rubber coated, color coded weights that olympic type lifters use, at least they 6 on the inside. the weights are made like that so that they are all a uniform diameter to balance the bar. The ones on the outside look like 45 pound plates, but with a black and white picture who knows, and you don't put heavier weights outside of lighter weights, so assuming that all the rubber ones ar 45's as well, which is the biggest rubber coated one ive run accross, thats 14 45 pounders, making it 630 pounds, plus the bar which if its a strandard bar is another 45, and yes a good bar can hold that much, so he is squatting 675. which is entirely possible, guys on my high school team got over 500 by the time we were seniors. the current world squat record is 1220 by mike miller

interesting to note he isnt using clamps on the end of the bar, nor are there any spotters in view. could of forgone the clamps because maybe they wouldnt hold it at all, i dunno, i use em all the time, by my highest lift isnt even over 400. Just my two cents for your quiz

Assistant Administrator
    All I can see possible is a massive herneation of L5/S1 intervertebral disc, and/or quadriceps tendon going ''ping''.

Dang it - that must weigh more than my bike!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I Believe That This Is A Spoof...

those are empty sand weights on a 'ruined' crossbar...
    Approximate weight...62#'s

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post
    not sure about who that is, but those look like the rubber coated, color coded weights that olympic type lifters use, at least they 6 on the inside. the weights are made like that so that they are all a uniform diameter to balance the bar. The ones on the outside look like 45 pound plates, but with a black and white picture who knows, and you don't put heavier weights outside of lighter weights, so assuming that all the rubber ones ar 45's as well, which is the biggest rubber coated one ive run accross, thats 14 45 pounders, making it 630 pounds, plus the bar which if its a strandard bar is another 45, and yes a good bar can hold that much, so he is squatting 675. which is entirely possible, guys on my high school team got over 500 by the time we were seniors. the current world squat record is 1220 by mike miller

interesting to note he isnt using clamps on the end of the bar, nor are there any spotters in view. could of forgone the clamps because maybe they wouldnt hold it at all, i dunno, i use em all the time, by my highest lift isnt even over 400. Just my two cents for your quiz
    Yeah, I wouldn't call the inside 6, 100lb weights either. Which was my first thought at looking at it. No guy that small is going to squat that much without a squat suit. Just not possible.

I have squat max tomorrow though. Hopefully will hit 500.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Come on now, don't you remember that Pat Robertson can lift a ton?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

double post sorry
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    No guy that small is going to squat that much without a squat suit.
    Wanna bet?
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by clipse View Post
    Wanna bet?
    I'm not believing it unless it was sanctioned. :) He's not even wearing a belt for pete's sake. I've seen small guys that are strong, but not that strong unsupported.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    I'm not believing it unless it was sanctioned. :) He's not even wearing a belt for pete's sake. I've seen small guys that are strong, but not that strong unsupported.
    I don't think it was sanctioned. BTW, how do you know he doesn't have a belt on under his shirt?(not normal but it could happen)

Thats 1005 lbs. with the bar. Wes Barnett was an Olympic lifter and was born and raised not 10 minutes from where I live. I've idolized him for a LONG time.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Its someone who has way to much time on there hands and will be at least 12 inch's shorter when they retire

Administrator

Talking

And NOW who is complaining that a full size Colt .45 pistol and one spare magazine is Too Heavy to carry all day.

I used up two perfectly good knees squatting in the 1980s. That picture alone was enough to make my ACL hurt.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links