Fort Hood shooter, (alleged*) still getting paid...

This is a discussion on Fort Hood shooter, (alleged*) still getting paid... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; $278,000 since being arrested... Can you say government waste? Story (sorry, it's Huffalot Post): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_3313519.html *alleged my fanny Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?...

Thread: Fort Hood shooter, (alleged*) still getting paid...

Fort Hood shooter, (alleged*) still getting paid...

$278,000 since being arrested...

Can you say government waste?

Story (sorry, it's Huffalot Post): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_3313519.html

*alleged my fanny

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Another one who needs to be buried in bacon.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    Another one who needs to be buried in bacon.
    Yep
    He should be fed pork until ( after his fair trial of course) his hanging

Well according to the Geneva convention (for what it's worth) he is a spy since he clearly has allegiance to the very people we are at "war" with. Why isn't he executed a spy?

GeorgiaCarry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    $278,000 since being arrested...

Can you say government waste?

Story (sorry, it's Huffalot Post): Nidal Hasan, Fort Hood Shooting Suspect, Has Received $278,000 In Salary Since Arrest

*alleged my fanny

Why you sorry it the Huffington Post? Their article and journilism is fine. Their editorials and commentary are left which is fine. I find that Huff Post is one of the more accurate reporting meidia's.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaCarry View Post
    Well according to the Geneva convention (for what it's worth) he is a spy since he clearly has allegiance to the very people we are at "war" with. Why isn't he executed a spy?

GeorgiaCarry
    He is a US citizen who murdered other US citizens. He is not a "spy".

Our system is designed so you are innocent firt. He is entitled to all his pays and allowances. It sucks in this case, but our system of jurisprudence is for everyone.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Why you sorry it the Huffington Post? Their article and journilism is fine. Their editorials and commentary are left which is fine. I find that Huff Post is one of the more accurate reporting meidia's.....
    I'm sorry it's Huff Post, because I don't care for them.

I don't care for them because their liberal and left commentary leaks into their reportage. And their reportage is selectively chosen to support leftist ideals and agendas.

MOST OF THE TIME.

If I was accused of murder and held in jail, would my employer be bound to keep paying me?

He was my employee, he has not shown up for work since the incident... To quote Grumpy Trumpy, "You're Fired."

Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well, as a result of his actions, he is now paralyzed from the waist down. I'm not in any big hurry to execute him and put him out of his misery. As for the pay, that's the law. The real crime is that his victims have to jump through so many hoops to get what they deserve.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I say we give this guy a raise!!!! He should be paid 10,000,000 a year. After he is convicted, no doubt he will be, then let the civil suits come after him. There are 30 people with life altering injuries not to mention the lives lost that could have been sole income providers. I would make sure that he cant spend much of the money in his account other than basic "rights" while in the brig.

The only thing more distastefull that this guys actions are the administrations labeling of the act work place violence. If there was a white guy with ties to white supremacy that was a janitor at a mosque that went on a rampage and killed/injured many would it be a hate crime or act of work place violence???

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    In 20 years this guy will be a college professor, be rich from his book deals and mentoring a future president.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaCarry View Post

GeorgiaCarry
    Because we haven't been "at war" since FDR last declared it in 1941.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Yep
    He should be fed pork until ( after his fair trial of course) his hanging
    You bet he should. They all should. If you can't do the swine, don't do the crime.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    He is US Citizen and thus he is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Under the UCMJ you get paid until you have been convicted under Courts Marshal. These are the rules we follow in this country. Why? Because it not only protects the criminals but it protects us all. We don't want to be in a country in which you are guilty until you prove you didn't do it.

They should give him every bit of that money in pennies then throw him overboard in the middle of the Pacific. Swim hard.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links