Bad: Mexican Cartel Hit In Dallas Suburb

This is a discussion on Bad: Mexican Cartel Hit In Dallas Suburb within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened at about 6:45 Wednesday evening, man sitting in SUV with his wife was shot dead by two masked men (believed to be Hispanic) ...

This happened at about 6:45 Wednesday evening, man sitting in SUV with his wife was shot dead by two masked men (believed to be Hispanic) who pulled up in another SUV, one got out and opened fire with a suppressed sidearm. Numerous people saw this take place, it was right in the middle of the town square where there are numerous shops and restaurants. It was revealed this evening that the deceased (note I said deceased, not victim) was a lawyer who represented Cartel de Golfo members and was himself arrested in 2003 in Mexico for cocaine trafficking, he was "unexpectedly released" (bribed his way out).

FBI, DEA, Homeland Security join Southlake murder investigation | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

For those unfamiliar with the area, Southlake is an upper class suburb (and home to powerhouse 5A football team) that has had 2 homicides since 1994, both were domestic violence related. The FBI, DEA, and Rangers are in charge of the investigation, there is a very high level of suspicion that this was a hit, by whom is not clear.

well-orchestrated, deliberate attack" that does not point to the community being in danger.
    Right, just the thing I want to walk into ... or be that wrong place at the right time, and get hit by strays.... flying. Uh huh. No problem here folks. Forget the neighbors kids playing in the yard next door.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Another thing to mention, Southlake is right near (like 10 mins) form DFW Airport (5th busiest in the world), that makes a convenient in/out point for a hit team from elsewhere (kind of like Vincent in Collateral). They have a partial plate from the Toyota Sequoia the shooter(s) were using, I bet that truck is charred to the frame or in the bottom of Lake Grapevine by now.

Cartels operate anywhere and everywhere necessary to protect their money/drugs/business.

And some nurses wonder why I would prefer to carry while working on the ambulance...

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Cartels operate anywhere and everywhere necessary to protect their money/drugs/business.
    And exceedingly brutally and publicly, to maintain order and discipline among their ranks, I'd say.

Gonna lie on a bed, then you're gonna occasionally sleep on a wet spot. Ain't no real way around that one.

If it was a cartel hit, then the guy got what he'd earned for himself and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    And some nurses wonder why I would prefer to carry while working on the ambulance...
    Yeah. Imagine coming to a scene where the "victim" is still kicking, but where the assailants are nearby and watching the goings-on. It's entirely likely to explode, to complete the job. Not that being armed would do much good, in such a case. But, if all first responders were known to carry and have tag-team training on defending against incoming threats of that sort, I imagine there'd be less risk out there for everyone concerned.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

In Southlake... wow.

Should be easy to catch them - just cross-reference the supressor stamp list with the partial plate... I'm sure it's all legally registered, them being professional and all that...

Nothing to do with this sub-forum... moved to Off Topic.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links