"Guntucky" - Another disappointment

This is a discussion on "Guntucky" - Another disappointment within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just got the satellite TV rigged up again after a while without it. Saw this show airing and thought I'd give it a try. It's ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OldVet

Thread: "Guntucky" - Another disappointment

"Guntucky" - Another disappointment

Just got the satellite TV rigged up again after a while without it. Saw this show airing and thought I'd give it a try. It's Knob Creek too, gotta be good, right?

After consistently seeing fingers on triggers, muzzle sweeping, failure to check if guns are loaded/unloaded when handing them to others, the ripping off of people in their shop (they make Rich Wyatt look fair) and the fake TV drama script, I couldn't watch more than a few episodes. It belongs in the trash can with other failures such as Sons of Guns and Family Guns.

Oh well, back to Pursuit channel where the firearms shows are somewhat educational, even if they feel a little "gun rag review" (i.e. advertisement) at times...
    British by birth. American by choice.

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Reality tv at it's best,smh.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    With all the feuding and drama created by the producers I've also tuned Sons of Guns out. American Hoggers is another I ditched this year. I don't need all this made for TV drama.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

The guns are the stars and the only reason I watch at all.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    Just got the satellite TV rigged up again after a while without it. Saw this show airing and thought I'd give it a try. It's Knob Creek too, gotta be good, right?

After consistently seeing fingers on triggers, muzzle sweeping, failure to check if guns are loaded/unloaded when handing them to others, the ripping off of people in their shop (they make Rich Wyatt look fair) and the fake TV drama script, I couldn't watch more than a few episodes. It belongs in the trash can with other failures such as Sons of Guns and Family Guns.

Oh well, back to Pursuit channel where the firearms shows are somewhat educational, even if they feel a little "gun rag review" (i.e. advertisement) at times...
    Have you seen any episodes of Wild West Alaska?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Have you seen any episodes of Wild West Alaska?
    Saw an ad for it. Looked like any of the aforementioned shows so I haven't watched it. Any good?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Nice guys making good deals don't draw audiences.
    Alex_C and darbo like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Nice guys making good deals don't draw audiences.
    I dunno, Toy Hunter got another season

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    Saw an ad for it. Looked like any of the aforementioned shows so I haven't watched it. Any good?
    I like it. I have not seen the shows you have mentioned and from what was posted I don't think I want to. Wild West Alaska has a good sized gunsmith shop in their backroom and have built some really nice guns. None that I could afford but very nice. They promote responsible gun handling at least in the episodes I have seen.

I watched a couple episodes of it and I have to say I shoot at Knob Creek alot and its nothing like the show.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I watched one episode. That's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Seems to be a broadcast fascination right now about rural folks in general and specifically about Kentuckians. With Turtle Man, Moonshine outlaws, et al, the urban world in general is apparently drawn to the interplay of environs beyond the safe confines of Starbucks, National Public Radio & the rest of the traditional bastions of Political Correctness. The Knob Creek thing ("Guntucky"?) is gonna' sensationalize EVERY negative, stereotypic, corn pone, hillbilly idea of the social elitists who entertain themselves by viewing the show(s). It's funny really, and a BUNCH of authentic country folks are laughing...all the way to the bank. God bless Swamp People, Hog Hunters, Duck Dynasty, etc. etc.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Id like to go to knob creek someday. But that show just screams "Redneckabilly"

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Id like to go to knob creek someday. But that show just screams "Redneckabilly"
    You should read some of the local lore in Kentucky. A lot of it seems to be livestock based. Two that come to mind are goat man and sheepsquatch. Yes I am being serious.

I hate gun oriented "reality" shows...if you want to see reality TV that is gun oriented watch The First 48.

Links