Another Notch in the PC Police Belt

This is a discussion on Another Notch in the PC Police Belt within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am a pipe smoker, and have for years ordered pies, accessories and tobacco from Boswell's Pipes in Pennsylvania. A family run business, three generations ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By kapnketel

Thread: Another Notch in the PC Police Belt

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

I am a pipe smoker, and have for years ordered pies, accessories and tobacco from Boswell's Pipes in Pennsylvania. A family run business, three generations work there. A really great shop near Gettysburg. Their custom made pipes are well known and their service is top notch. So today I call to order some of their house tobaccos (they always have my credit card info on file, just a one minute call) only to be told that their credit card processing company no longer will allow anything but face to face transactions because they sell tobacco products. Their only choice is to use an offshore processor (waaay too expensive) or have to deal in checks, money orders or ACH debit transactions. I have dealt with them for years so I printed out the ACH form from their site and emailed it to them for their file and I am good to go, but this stuff is nuts. I know this is also happening to firearms dealers

This is how the Anti 2A folks are going to work-pressure a behind the scenes middleman with little fanfare into throttling the commerce of firearm sales.

This has undoubtedly impacted the Boswell business. A real shame. This crap really ticks me off...
    Jeanlouise, darbo and msgt/ret like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Me too. There's always an avenue for them to attack. Ammo and tobacco - buy both in bulk!

I had heard of this happening to a couple of different card processors regarding firearms but this is the first I have heard of it for tobacco related stuff. "They" aren't going to stop any time soon.

VIP Member
    But it’s all “For the children”, or “common sense” restrictions.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

We are losing our country, one stupid trick at a time.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Credit card processor = bank = big bank = too big to fail, jail, or regulate.= you (and I) will bail them out AGAIN when the derivative, and stock mess catch up with them again.

They're probably loaning money to Syria and Iran, too, legally or illegally, and oh never mind...

Stick THAT in your pipe, and smoke it!

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

It ain't just the bad guys that can fight dirty.....
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Sponsored Links