The EVIL, MEGA MONEY CONTRIBUTOR, AKA the NRA...

This is a discussion on The EVIL, MEGA MONEY CONTRIBUTOR, AKA the NRA... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So, in a thread warning Michiganders that there's a move afoot to replace the word pistol with firearm in Michigan registration law... here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-firearms.html There's ...

So, in a thread warning Michiganders that there's a move afoot to replace the word pistol with firearm in Michigan registration law... here: Proposed Change To Michigan Law Requires License For All Firearms

There's a link to the AMGOA which hyper link's the sponsors names to how much money they got from various contributors... which is a link to: National Institute on Money in State Politics | Follow The Money... which has a page dedicated to the NRA... Here

On that page, we learn that the EVIL NRA has spent almost 3 million dollars in all 50 states (since 2003), so that we can continue to "kill babies." Which is what the antis say we do, and the NRA does... $3mm bux. Compared to what that Blooming idiot in New York and his MAIG spent... In Illinois, in Colorado and so on... Just within the last year... (and he pledged to spend 12 million this year alone here)

for example, MAIG spent $325K on lobbying in 2010... NRA spent about twice that in the same year... $730K. But MAIG represents 900 mayors... NRA represents 4 million members... so per capita... MAIG spends $3600 per mayor... NRA spends about $5.50 cents per member.

Conclusion? Mayors spend 654 times as much to infringe on our rights than we spend trying to save them.

Lots of information out there to find out who's buying your state level reps...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The above is a terribly disjointed post... I think I got lost in all the links...

But, the "follow the money" site is very useful.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links