Costco - Officer involved shooting - You might need a gun at a Costco if...

This is a discussion on Costco - Officer involved shooting - You might need a gun at a Costco if... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; you end up being the poor bugger served by this nutter: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 29, 2013 Contact: Liz Mills, Director of Media Relations and ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By NONAME762

Thread: Costco - Officer involved shooting - You might need a gun at a Costco if...

you end up being the poor bugger served by this nutter:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    May 29, 2013

Contact: Liz Mills, Director of Media Relations and Communications, 571-251-5568 (mobile) Liz.mills@loudoun.gov

LCSO and Virginia State Police Investigate Fatal Shooting of Disorderly Female by Sheriff’s Deputy

Loudoun County, VA- The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a deputy related fatal shooting at a warehouse store in Sterling, VA.

Around 3PM the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a disorderly subject at the Costco located in the 21300 block of Price Cascades Plaza. The suspect, identified as Mhai Scott, 38, of Sterling, VA, was reportedly wielding a knife and scissors and threatening employees at the store.

During the incident, two responding deputies gave the suspect several commands to drop the weapons. The female advanced on the two Loudoun County Sheriff’s Deputies and a deputy attempted to control the suspect using a county issued TASER. The TASER was deployed and was ineffective in stopping the threat. At that time multiple shots were fired by the second deputy.

The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. A deputy was taken to a local hospital with injuries sustained during the incident. He is in good condition and has since been released.

If you were a witness to this incident and have not been interviewed by a Sheriff's Office detective, you are asked to call 703-777-0475.

The Virginia State Police assisted at the scene.

###

Sent to E-mail accounts through Alert Loudoun

... powered by the Roam Secure Alert Network
    Check the underlined. I'm guessing lack of penetration through clothing? Not enough details yet.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Apparently the perp was less than a sterling resident.
    Jeanlouise, USM1976 and 84160 like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Apparently the perp was less than a sterling resident.
    Ouch!?!?!
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post

Check the underlined. I'm guessing lack of penetration through clothing? Not enough details yet.
    Or possibly on Meth...they can be really hard to control. It sounds like Mhai had some "issues".
    Well, not any more though.

Glad the Sheriffs were able to take care of business and I hope the one who was injured has a quick recovery.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

One simple answer to this would be drug use. When the autopsy is done, most likely the dead person will have loads of drugs in their blood. It is getting to be epidemic these days, especially Meth.

In my line of work of Real Estate Appraisal and I'm unarmed during those times, I have knocked upon doors where active Meth labs were. It is just a matter of time that the next one I knock on those "residents" may feel a bit paranoid and things could get ugly in a hurry.

I'd say the Deputy made the decision to shoot this person because that apparently was the last resort.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    If Costco has those "No Guns" signs how could it happen there? Just goes to show how effective those signs are. Prayers go out for both Deputies.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    If Costco has those "No Guns" signs how could it happen there? Just goes to show how effective those signs are. Prayers go out for both Deputies.
    The woman in question wasn't armed with a gun, but was working and had an episode that sounds a lot like diabetic shock where she where went around the store with a knife and scissors.

That's my Costco. Every time I think for a second that maybe I am little paranoid for carrying in safe, wealthy Mclean/Great Falls Virginia, something like this reminds me that my precautions are warranted. BTW, notwithstanding the threads on here about Costco's gun free policies, I have never seen any of them in Northern Virginia that are posted, not that it would stop me from carrying if I saw it.

Officers should SUE Costco for this person carrying in their store,,,, their policy,,,,, they
    should have ensured their customers safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I haven't seen the no guns sign at my Costco. Maybe I need to look harder. Maybe not.

Sponsored Links