But I Thought Uncle Joe Said to Do This?

But I Thought Uncle Joe Said to Do This?

This is a discussion on But I Thought Uncle Joe Said to Do This? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Military Veteran?s AR-15 Confiscated by Police ? But the Reason Why Is the Real Story | Video | TheBlaze.com Still, a bad play IMHO...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Mike1956
  • 3 Post By ksholder
  • 2 Post By WHEC724

Thread: But I Thought Uncle Joe Said to Do This?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    The folly of a warning shot, followed by the folly of not keeping one's mouth shut before the arrival of one's lawyer.
    atctimmy and goldshellback like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Warning shots should only be used when there are multiple perps. The second perp is warned when the first perp is shot.

The foregoing assumes that the perps are in a place and performing such acts as to justify the shooter's actions.
    WHEC724, Glock2201 and novaX522 like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    There was a time before this nation became so encumbered with conflicting laws and litigation, that warning shots once made sense (sometimes).

Now you are either justified in shooting the perp, or you are not justified in shooting at all. Dumb but fact.
    atctimmy and Ksthumper like this.

VIP Member
    Oh well. He should have known the law.

What a cute reporter though. If I weren't old, fat and married....oh never mind.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I see what he did wrong, he didn't shoot it into the air.

Links