The Disarmament

The Disarmament

This is a discussion on The Disarmament within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Within the next 30-50 years the citizenry of the United States of America will be disarmed. There will be no individual ownership of weapons. There ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Disarmament

The Disarmament

Within the next 30-50 years the citizenry of the United States of America will be disarmed. There will be no individual ownership of weapons. There will be no “unorganized militia.” The police will be a militarized force throughout the country. The only people within the borders of the United States that will have firearms legally will be the police forces (state and federal), and the military.

The Second Amendment could very well be repealed by constitutional amendment within that period of time.

There will be some firearms cached away by “old patriots.” The criminal element will have guns as well. However, in both of these groups, guns will be increasingly rare. The ammo to feed the firearms will be just as rare. Any firearm used in a crime will be destroyed, and any use of a firearm will be a crime (except, of course, the firearm is used by the police). The report from a firearm will be heard, and if not triangulated electronically, will be reported by “good citizens” in the vicinity of the report.

It wouldn’t surprise me if “Fourth of July” celebrations were essentially limited to sparklers and snakes… Little noise, and few explosive displays even by municipalities. The converse could be true as well; there could be huge displays of fireworks put on by cities and states throughout the country. If the latter is the case, it will be as a display of the power of the city, city/state, or state, demonstrating the “wonderful ability” of the state to keep us all “safe” and “free.”

Read more here:The Disarmament.pdf

Comments?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    My 13 yr old son is already a patriot. It's too late for anyone to re-indoctrinate him. He'll inherit everything I own along with every value that I've instilled in him.

What he does with it is up to him.

I believe that many other members here have raised their kids the same way. Let's hope that we're not such a minority that we're swept over.

VIP Member
    I would not be surprised to see it go that way. I would be equally not surprised to see a civil war when they try to go that way. That could end up either way, but it will be dang bloody.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    What ksholder said. Either way, it ain't agonna be purty.
    If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

-- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    I don't see the opposition so foolish as to push so quickly that would spark an armed civil war. I expect them to disarm piece by piece, little by little, until there is nothing left for us to fight with. 30-50 years should be more than sufficient time. Realistically, it could be done in the next 10-20. The trick is for 'them' to boil the frog and not shock us into rebellion.

Once they are down to dealing with just small caches tucked away by private citizens, there really is no resistance left to worry about.
    perfection likes this.

My problem with the article is that it ignores the reality that 32 states have state constitutional amendments nullifying any federal act to disarm the populace. Out of that 32, 2 of them have passed amendments with one signed into law. Disarmament won't happen since every time in American history it was tried resulted in war with the pro-gunners winning.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    My 13 yr old son is already a patriot. It's too late for anyone to re-indoctrinate him. He'll inherit everything I own along with every value that I've instilled in him.

What he does with it is up to him.

I believe that many other members here have raised their kids the same way. Let's hope that we're not such a minority that we're swept over.
    I agree there are many who have taught some common sense to their progeny... I am afraid they are a significant minority.

don't think there will be a civil war because of the gradual nature of the indoctrination. The boiling frogs analogy is actually apt.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

My 11 and 9 year old love guns already. While this may happen under the current administration. I do not see it happening soon. There are to many of us right now that are teaching the younger generation about gun safety and guns in general. As long as I have breath in my lungs I will be speaking the virtues of the constitution....
    WHEC724 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriot1776 View Post
    My problem with the article is that it ignores the reality that 32 states have state constitutional amendments nullifying any federal act to disarm the populace. Out of that 32, 2 of them have passed amendments with one signed into law. Disarmament won't happen since every time in American history it was tried resulted in war with the pro-gunners winning.
    the 32 states have not all passed those amendments. The schools are indoctrinating the next generations... And, those young men and women returning from the battlefield today have been set up for failure in two ways, they were never educated in the first place (in school prior to enlistment). And, because of that, they are being labeled a risk (due to incompetence to handle their fiscal affairs..a complete non-sequitur) to themselves or others... or because of some symptoms of PTSD.

Every time in the past, disarmament was tried rather suddenly... the Brits came to Lex and Concord specifically to confiscate armaments, etc.

This time, whole generations are being indoctrinated into belief that guns are bad... And those with a patriotic bent are wonderful... until they return.... we the people thank them for their service. The government conspires to strip them of their rights. Those that stay in long enough to reach a rank of commission, are now on the "political" side of the fence... those who don't toe the party line are shuffled out of the limelight and let wither and die slow deaths.

The financially wealthy are purchasing the representatives in government from the President down... And they have no interest in seeing the population armed. Blooming idiot is the prime example.

The press does not cover the saving graces of gun ownership... defense of home, family, and hearth... at least not very often... and, if you notice these things (as I do), when those feats of self defense are in the press it is even more rarely local reportage... It may be the LA times reporting on something that happened in Oklahoma, or NYTimes reporting on something that happened in Alabama and so on... Usually, if it becomes a local story it is only because the people heard about it from outside the region, and wonder why their local media didn't cover it... Then the local press reports on it.

The point of the latter is that it makes self defense (successful) seem extremely rare... and frequently rural... or at least "not our kind," "not from here" and so on.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    I'm afraid the OP is dead right, the only question is the time line. The biggest threat is not what the politicians say but who they say it to. Beware the media !!! "The pen is mightier than the sword," was never truer is this age of instant (mis)information.

What makes us think the world has 30-50 years?

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    I have read the "article" and it has a lot of fallacies.

1. There is a claim that if you have PTSD that you can not own firearms. That is not true, only people that have been involuntarily committed for PTSD or have been deemed by a COURT to be dangerous to self or others can not own firearms.

2. There is a claim that by making it so that PTSD suffers can not own a firearm that it eliminates "many" gun owners from the pool. The total military members is 1.2 million out of around 110 million. It is estimated 20% of people that have been in combat will suffer PTSD, only about 15% of the military will be in combat. So we are talking about 36,000 of 110 million. That is not really "many".

3. There is a claim that schools are making firearms "bad". That is not all schools, I don't know about the percentage. I know my kid's school does not have that view. But to counter that, we have the Boy Scouts, 2.7 million members, that many are introduced to firearms. We also have other organizations, AIM, 4H, SCTP and SSC. They are all teaching the young about how to handle firearms and teaching the next generation to be a strong 2nd Amendment supporter.

Will leave it there. If you look how quickly the national gun bills died, it shows that acutally we have a stronger support to protect our 2nd Amendment rights today than we did in the 1990s. That with the rulings from the SCOUTS supporting those rights, means that we should be safe for some time.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Reaction to the current political scandals may (or may not) buy us a decade or two... but I agree that the anti...gun/liberty/personal responsibility dogma is being effectively implanted into each new generation through the public/government school system.
    (e.g. the zero tolerance policies involving anything firearm-related).
    Our colleges/universities are now the seminaries of the religion/faith of the omnipotent, omniscient and all-benevolent deity of government.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Until the early 1990's, I would have agreed with you, as the country was moving towards harsher and harsher gun-control measures. That all changed when the states started passing concealed carry laws. I just don't see us being disarmed...unless we grow complacent and don't fight for our rights every chance we get. I have great faith in the people to defend their constitutional right to bear arms.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links