More News From Missouri

More News From Missouri

This is a discussion on More News From Missouri within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I came across this article about how the Missouri Legislature is at war with Governor Jay Nixon for violating several laws regarding CCWs and compliance ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By oakchas

Thread: More News From Missouri

More News From Missouri

I came across this article about how the Missouri Legislature is at war with Governor Jay Nixon for violating several laws regarding CCWs and compliance with the Real ID Act of 2005 that Missouri nullified in 2006. I'm amazed and applauding the efforts of the state legislature to protect their citizens by going to the extraordinary measure of defunding Missouri's Department of Revenue.

Missouri Senate Votes to Cut Revenue Dept. Funds Over Concealed Carry Conspiracy (VIDEO) | Alternative

Missouri is starting to realize something I've always believed...

While in a perfect world, we would have term limits imposed by the electorate (if not by law), the little fiefdoms of bureaucracy remain unchanged... Those little fiefdoms curtail far more individual liberties than all the federal government does.
    Stoveman and 84160 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Sounds like a real hornet's nest in MO. Glad the Senate is on the case.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

It is a real hornets nest. The Missouri Legislature ultimately decided to fund the DoR for 8 months pending compliance with the order to stop scanning documents and sending it to the feds. If they don't stop then they lose funding for the rest of the year and will have a reorganization of the DoR.

House, Senate Negotiators Approve Final Version Of FY2014 Mo. Budget | St. Louis Public Radio

You know... I'm really getting sick of this government nonsense. It's not just what they do, it's how they react when caught.

"Well don't worry about it, the DoR chair resigned." "It's not like we could read the discs he sent us with the data on it anyways..." Is that really a valid excuse?

If I'm in charge of a company and do something illegal, I can just resign and that's acquittal? If I attempt to do something illegal and get caught, it's okay if the end result isn't achieved because of some strike of luck? Give me a break, none of these excuses would fly if it was a citizen in the hot-seat. I'm getting tired of these juvenile responses and excuses by the government.

Sponsored Links