Mashpee Mass (Cape Cod)

This is a discussion on Mashpee Mass (Cape Cod) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We may be planning a short notice vacation. Our timeshare has last minute places available for not too much money, cancellations I think. Anyhow the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By suntzu
  • 1 Post By suntzu

Thread: Mashpee Mass (Cape Cod)

VIP Member

Mashpee Mass (Cape Cod)

We may be planning a short notice vacation. Our timeshare has last minute places available for not too much money, cancellations I think. Anyhow the most interesting place appears to be Mashpee Mass. Anyone know about it? How about Cape Cod? Anything Fun?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    If you go to Cape Cod just get the heck out of there before the sun goes down.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    If you go to Cape Cod just get the heck out of there before the sun goes down.
    OK, why? We would be staying at the base of the Cape.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Since you are staying there don't worry about the traffic so much. You are within driving distance of many things. Boston (the Freedom Trail, North End, USS COnstitution, and lots more). The beaches on the cape are great. You also have Plymouth Plantation and if you have time go to Lizzie Bordens house (whacked her parents to death) in Fall River. They have tours.

Oh, caveat on the traffic. Talk to the folks at the time share or in town, they will give you the scoop on traffic.

I grew up in the Greater Boston area and know all of that area well.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Side note: Best Thanksgiving we had was driving from NH and missing the last tour for Lizzie Bordens house. The curator saw my son was disappointed so she took us on a private tour ofr abuout an hour and a half. She took out things that other folks never see. We then traveled to Plymouth where we got a hote. Visited the Plantation (I have seen it numerous of times but wife and son had not) and had Thanksgiving on Plymouth Plantation with the Indians and Pilgrims.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Mashpee might be okay for some, but stay away from Mashpoop.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    The Cape should be an eye-opening experience for a Midwesterner.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Don't forget the cranberry bogs! Also, remember school is still in session. There may be field trips to some sites so check ahead. Check out a Red Sox game at historic Fenway Park (1 hr 20 minute). Most of Boston is 1 to 1.5 hours away depending what ya want to see.

atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Two words:

Lobster roll

That alone is worth the trip to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Two words:

Lobster roll

That alone is worth the trip to me.
    Not if you lived there your whole life LOL....I could never figure out the big fascination with lobster. We would go to the docks and get fresh lobster for dinner as a kid. One great place to go is Kelly's Roast Beef (the original on Revere Beach)

Why in Mass, check out some great Chinese food at Kowloons in Suagus, MA or the Gourmet Dumpling House in Boston.
    And do not go to a Subway! Go to Carls in Waltham for Steak subs or just about any sub place in Boston/Cap area

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Some of the best Italian food I ever had was in Boston.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Cape Cod is very nice but also very busy between Memorial day and Labor day

Go to Provincetown out at the tip of the Cape for a real eye opener!!

Links