X box one vs ps4

This is a discussion on X box one vs ps4 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok gamers just wondering sense its big for us right now x box one or ps4. I think I am going to go with ps4 ...

View Poll Results: Xbox one vs Ps4

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • X box one

9 29.03%
  • Ps4

7 22.58%
  • Dont game

15 48.39%

Thread: X box one vs ps4

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar

X box one vs ps4

Ok gamers just wondering sense its big for us right now x box one or ps4. I think I am going to go with ps4 I have had an x box for 10 years but they are going away from gaming and going for the computer aspect and I don't like that I want to game. plus psn if free
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

2. Remove Ads

Well, with next gen games becoming bigger, and HD already using the Blu ray format that Sony owns, Microsoft may be hesitant to utilize that technology so they don't have to subsidize them. Loosing that will put them behind again, the same problem between the ps3 and the xbox 360.

Plus the gaming part. That's why I want a console, so I don't have to update a computer every year.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    I know how you feel when looking at the different consoles I see that Microsoft is going after the media and user experience with the new kenect but the problem is I don't care about anything like that I want to use it as a gaming condole I don't care about all that other crap that they have. when you look at the power ps4 hands down has it.
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    From looking at the specs there really isn't that much different in the power department. The few differences they do have are not really going to effect the gamer much at all.

Distinguished Member
    My money will go to whoever is the least invasive. MS seems to be losing on that front.

Some apparent issues are that you lose the ability to play at all without an internet connection. Even single player games will check for a connection.

No loaning or giving games to friends. When you first play a game, it locks its registration code to that hardware. You will need to pay full retail for every additional console you want to activate the game on.

"Always-on" Kinect. There is no option to have it not watching you. I'm not donning a tinfoil hat, but it does raise both privacy and security issues.

There's still time for MS to back off on these or for Sony to implement or confirm them on the PS4, so nothing is certain at this point.

I've always been an Xbox guy, but the availability of Xbox-style 3rd party controllers for PS means I'm not dead-set on it.

The PC is the only way to game. Nuff said....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    My money will go to whoever is the least invasive. MS seems to be losing on that front.

Some apparent issues are that you lose the ability to play at all without an internet connection. Even single player games will check for a connection.

No loaning or giving games to friends. When you first play a game, it locks its registration code to that hardware. You will need to pay full retail for every additional console you want to activate the game on.

"Always-on" Kinect. There is no option to have it not watching you. I'm not donning a tinfoil hat, but it does raise both privacy and security issues.

There's still time for MS to back off on these or for Sony to implement or confirm them on the PS4, so nothing is certain at this point.

I've always been an Xbox guy, but the availability of Xbox-style 3rd party controllers for PS means I'm not dead-set on it.
    Microsoft has confirmed that you will NOT have to have an always on internet connection, also they said that you can play the game on other xboxs. So that means you will be able to loan the disk (now they might expect you to log in with your account). So they have already backed off on two of them.

I have my xbox on a power strip and power it down when not in use. The same thing would turn off the Kinect.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Microsoft has confirmed that you will NOT have to have an always on internet connection
    I believe that they said it will only check for a connection once every 24 hrs, but not having one at that time may affect play-ability.

they said that you can play the game on other xboxs. So that means you will be able to loan the disk (now they might expect you to log in with your account).
    So, it would be effectively tied to your gamertag, not your hardware? That's a bit better, I suppose, but still sucks.

I have my xbox on a power strip and power it down when not in use. The same thing would turn off the Kinect.
    That's a decent workaround. I understand why Kinect is "always on" (so that the "Xbox: Turn On" command will work), but I'm still uneasy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I used to feel the same way, until I realized that $350 every 5-8 years is better than $200/year to keep up with hardware requirements. And being able to play with my friends is nice, too.

I can live without having super-ultra-mega-hyper-high resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Strategy games I am all for a PC, but pretty much everything else, I prefer a gaming console.

Strategy games I am all for a PC, but pretty much everything else, I prefer a gaming console.
    I run a gaming clan and have for the last 15 years, when it comes to shooter, the mouse and keyboard are king..

Xader

I used to feel the same way, until I realized that $350 every 5-8 years is better than $200/year to keep up with hardware requirements. And being able to play with my friends is nice, too.

I can live without having super-ultra-mega-hyper-high resolution.
    Only 200?? I spend twice that every two years for a video card LOL. As far as playing with your friends, thats what servers are for...I have to have my eye candy, got to get the most out of the 32inch screen..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

For me, IF I get the next console, it will be an Xbox. I already have 2 360's and still have my dinosaur original xbox. I unplugged and gave away my 3 PS2's. I never had any interest in the PS3 and I am glad I didn't given the headaches people have had with the PS network.

As for the kinect always on, I already have a black wash rag I simply throw over the top of my current kinect when I am not using it. Mainly for keeping dust off it and the lenses but hey, if I can't see it, it can't see me. But the sound still works so I can use the voice commands as needed though thats rare too. I have a logitech remote and its just as easy to press pause than say it.

Will I get one the minute its released? Nooo. Not me. I will wait until others have beta tested it first. And then I can get it at a reasonable price after the ebay rush is over. Remember the PS3 and 360 going for triple or quadruple what the retail price was and idiots were buying them just so they could get one for Christmas? Yea, I don't play that game. I can and will wait.

I have a BluRay DVD player so I didn't give a darn that the 360 didn't have one. And I don't care that the Xbox 1 will have one. To be honest, I think I have 5 BR movies. Total. I just don't buy em like I thought I would. I have close to 200 DVDs, mostly Disney and other kids movies. In fact I can't remember the last time I turned on my BR player. As long as the X1 has Netflix and plays regular DVDs, I am good. Of late I would guess that 90% of the time the xbox is on is for Netflix, not for a game.

I am in absolutely no hurry to upgrade. My netflix works. Mine plays DVDs just fine. It plays Minecraft and Skyrim. The girls can still play their kinect dance games and guitar games. I am good. I just know that the Xbox1 won't accept all those guitars and drums I have so I will take my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiesden View Post
    I never had any interest in the PS3 and I am glad I didn't given the headaches people have had with the PS network.
    I have basically the same feeling about the XBOX. I had a PS2 and logged thousands of hours without a single problem and it is still working to this day. I thought I would switch to xbox and bought a 360 a little after they came out. They definitely had their own problems with the red ring of death, recalls, and me and several of my friends still have occasional problems with the console not recognizing that there is a disc in and I have to open and close it about 20 times. I have just had more luck with the Playstation platform.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrnbow1 View Post
    I have basically the same feeling about the XBOX. I had a PS2 and logged thousands of hours without a single problem and it is still working to this day. I thought I would switch to xbox and bought a 360 a little after they came out. They definitely had their own problems with the red ring of death, recalls, and me and several of my friends still have occasional problems with the console not recognizing that there is a disc in and I have to open and close it about 20 times. I have just had more luck with the Playstation platform.
    I bought one of the first generation XBox 360s. Lasted until just a little while ago. With all the abuse it took, I was surprised that it lasted that long.

Links