Where are you going for vacation this summer?

This is a discussion on Where are you going for vacation this summer? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Summer is here and time for a vacation...well, I am retired so "another vacation" I am in NH right and am planning on hiking the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Where are you going for vacation this summer?

Where are you going for vacation this summer?

Summer is here and time for a vacation...well, I am retired so "another vacation" I am in NH right and am planning on hiking the Appalachian trail from just south of Mt Washington to Baxter State Park in ME. After this leg I only have about 200 miles left to complete it.
    Wife is going on a cruise with my MIL next week. Being on a tin can with 4000 other people is not my idea of fun.

What are other forum members doing?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Motorcycle trip. Five or six days. Kentucky first, doing the Bourbon Trail, then down to TN to hit the dragon. Back home through WV.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Mission trip to Nicaragua and then the beach for the 4th.
    suntzu and WHEC724 like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    " Being on a tin can with 4000 other people is not my idea of fun."

Me either! I wonder how many ex-navy folks think a cruise is a fun idea. Fires, inoperable toilets, puking your guts up due to a virus--sounds like a fun frat house weekend to me!

The only real trip I'm looking forward to is the Livermush Festival in Shelby, NC in the next year or two.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Heading to my son's graduation in Arizona in a couple of weeks, headed to Ottawa for Canada day on July 1st, and mid August we're spending 2 weeks between London, Paris, Rome, Venice and Zurich traveling by train.

DP

VIP Member
    (starting tomorrow morning) Motorcycle trip up through the Smokey Mountains until sometime later next week

Kiawah in June

Isle of Palms in July

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Flying to Paris on the 6th, then taking the train to London on the 10th, staying there till we fly home on the 15th. It's kind of a late Honeymoon. Got married back in April. I have a bunch of old slides my Mom and Dad took back in 64 when my Dad was stationed in Germany, (before my time ) I've been tracing their trips around Europe by the pictures, looking forward to duplicating some of their Paris pictures a week from today and seeing how much has and hasn't changed in 50 years.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

mission trip in June, then a week on St. George Island off Apalachicola, FL. but don't bother looking, THERE ARE NO HOUSES AVAILABLE THERE!
    WHEC724 likes this.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

VIP Member
    I have tremendous admiration for those of ya'll on mission trips. I hope to do so someday.

My witness is lame, but I can work.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I have tremendous admiration for those of ya'll on mission trips. I hope to do so someday.

My witness is lame, but I can work.
    Being willing is all that is required. I do more phyiscal labor when I go down than witnessing, but others in our group do more witnessing. We all have gifts that can be used. I learned to cut cement block with a trowel last year. I sang multiple halleluias when they guy with the power saw and generator showed up. The physical labor also adds power to those good with words. The fact that people travel to help others is noticed and appreciated by the locals.

My last hurdle to going was that I wanted my daughters to be able to go with me. Most construction mission trips have rules not allowing children due to the liabiliy. Once I annouced that, it didn't take long before a family trip was organinzed by my church that was a mix of construction and VBS type activities.
    WHEC724 likes this.

what is this "vacation" thing of which y'all are referring?
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    what is this "vacation" thing of which y'all are referring?
    My thoughts too. My wife just took a job that has her traveling constantly into the foreseeable future, so a vacation is unlikely. Probably take a day off here and there, play some golf. We are going to Paris with some friends for New Years.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Just cut hay today. The neighbors are raking there's as I write this. Probably be a 1500 bale weekend, or nearly so. Then I'm taking the summer off by going back to work. Besides, I'm banking my time for Wyoming in October so I'm good with that.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I prefer not to be "witnessed" doing anything. It tends to come back and haunt me.
    welder516 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    (starting tomorrow morning) Motorcycle trip up through the Smokey Mountains until sometime later next week

Kiawah in June

Isle of Palms in July
    ^^^ THIS! Been to Kiawah. Nice. Plan on hitting Oak Island NC last week of June to visit family and have some fun.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links