The Logic of It All Part 2: My Speech of Liberty before Missouri Legislature

This is a discussion on The Logic of It All Part 2: My Speech of Liberty before Missouri Legislature within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This would be the speech I would give before the the full assembly of the House, Senate, and the Governor of Missouri. Thank you Mister ...

Thread: The Logic of It All Part 2: My Speech of Liberty before Missouri Legislature

This would be the speech I would give before the the full assembly of the House, Senate, and the Governor of Missouri.

Thank you Mister Speaker, Mister President Pro Tem, Governor, and the assembled members of congress for allowing me to speak today.

How many of you have read both the Constitution of the United States and Missouri’s Constitution? Hmm there’s quite a few of you that haven’t read either of them which is disturbing.

We all are connected through one unique thing that binds us together as I stand here today. That is our oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and Missouri’s Constitution while bearing true faith to the same. This may come as a shock to some of you, but under Article 1 Section 2 of the Missouri Constitution states, “That all constitutional government is intended to promote the general welfare of the people; that all persons have a natural right to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness and the enjoyment of the gains of their own industry; that all persons are created equal and are entitled to equal rights and opportunity under the law; that to give security to these things is the principal office of government, and that when government does not confer this security, it fails in its chief design.” The wording of this clause leaves us no doubt that the chief design of government is protect the people’s natural rights to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and the enjoyment of the gains of their own industry. Any law that is considered and passed by both Houses must pass this test; does said legislation protect the people’s natural rights to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and the enjoyment of the gains of their industry?

If the legislation fails to meet these criteria then the government has failed to secure those rights and trampled them, but if the legislation does meet these criteria then government has succeeded in securing those rights. We can safely designate laws into two general categories of victimless and victim crimes. A victimless crime is a crime that the government has deemed to be illegal that relates to behavior and uses morality to restrict or remove the rights of the people. This is either an outright ban or it’s a restriction of the people’s natural rights listed in Section 2 through the use of licensing.

For a moment, let us consider what licensing means and the role of the people in our system of government. A good many here are lawyers, but this may still come as a shock to you. The legal definition of a license is, “The permission granted by competent authority to exercise a certain privilege that, without such authorization, would constitute an illegal act, a Trespass or a tort. The certificate or the document itself that confers permission to engage in otherwise proscribed conduct.” Article 1 Section one defines the role of the people as, “That all political power is vested in and derived from the people; that all government of right originates from the people, is founded upon their will only, and is instituted solely for the good of the whole.”

If the role of the people is where all powers of the government originate from them then why would they need a license to exercise their rights? If the people are required to use a license issued by the government this infers that the people are incompetent and to do something without said license is an illegal act. This also places the government above the people and subverts Article 1 Section 1 while violating Section 2. This has further ramifications on Article 1 Section 3 of the Missouri Constitution. Section 3 declares, “That the people of this state have the inherent, sole and exclusive right to regulate the internal government and police thereof, and to alter and abolish their constitution and form of government whenever they may deem it necessary to their safety and happiness, provided such change be not repugnant to the Constitution of the United States.” How can the people exercise their rights with a licensing scheme in operation and not infringe upon these three rights?

We are at a crossroads both in the State of Missouri and in the United States that can alter our futures for the worst or it can alter it for the better. There has been ‘a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism’ that we must strike these laws down. I urge the government of the state of Missouri to appoint a taskforce to review all laws currently on the books to determine if they are repugnant to the Missouri Constitution and strike them down. In striking them down you will bring forth a new age of liberty that will make Missouri the envy of the world.

I will leave you with a final thought. Patrick Henry gave a speech on March 23, 1775 that he finished with, “Give me liberty or give me death!” He didn’t mince words and neither should we. “Give us liberty or give us all death!”

VIP Member
    “That all political power is vested in and derived from the people; that all government of right originates from the people, is founded upon their will only, and is instituted solely for the good of the whole.”
    Awesome speech, Patriot!

After the Revolution, the Constitutional Convention took place from 14 May to 17 September 1787 in Philadelphia, PA to resolve the issues in governing the new United States of America (which had previously operated under the Articles of Confederation), following independence from Great Britain. The purpose of the delegates was to create a new form of government. The result of this Convention was the United States Constitution, which is undoubtedly the most significant event in the history of the United States.

There were many "plans" introduced by the delegates. This new form of government was heavily debated. The main question was: Who should have the most power: The Federal Government or the State Government? It was during this time that the Federalist Papers (the dissenters) was written. George Washington was elected to preside over the convention. After much debate, the Convention of Deputies ordered the proceedings to be sent to Congress. Congress recommended that it be submitted to the people (the source of all sovereignty) for ratification or rejection. Hence the Petitions were sent out to the People.

My 5th Great Grandfather signed the Petition. He was a Patriot. He sacrificed everything for the glorious cause of liberty.

Liberty of death.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links