So Do a gun buyback from the citizens then resell them ...Say What

This is a discussion on So Do a gun buyback from the citizens then resell them ...Say What within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ST. CHARLES, Ill., May 31 A police department in the Chicago suburbs said some of the guns obtained from a buyback program will be sold ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tdave

Thread: So Do a gun buyback from the citizens then resell them ...Say What

So Do a gun buyback from the citizens then resell them ...Say What

ST. CHARLES, Ill., May 31
    A police department in the Chicago suburbs said some of the guns obtained from a buyback program will be sold to a pair of licensed dealers.

St. Charles Police Chief James Lamkin said about 20 firearms obtained through a gun buyback program and seized by courts will be sold to the dealers, the Chicago Tribune reported Friday.

"There's value in these guns," Lamkin said. "They're not illegal guns. Quite honestly, it's a bottom line for us."

Most other area departments, including the Chicago Police Department and the Illinois State Police, destroy the guns obtained through buybacks.

"There are individuals who will say, why not simply destroy them?" St. Charles Mayor Raymond Rogina said. "But when that happens, there will be someone saying that's taxpayer dollars [at stake] and you're throwing it away."

Correct me if Im wrong but the whole idea is to get them off the streets in their words ....Not back on them !

So now Illinois is in the gun profit business .....I'm confused...they hate guns .....Oh I get it, get them for free then sell them for a profit, then they go back to the street and do bad things ...Right ?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    There is nothing a politician will not do for money! Just look the Wiener! He is now trolling for interns as well as money!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    To me, this makes more sense than destroying them. Gun "buybacks" don't reduce crime. Mostly they just give people who inherited a gun, a way to get rid of it.

I forget who 1st said it "Taking your gun to a buy back = castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
    91wm6 and Cheesewiz like this.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Virginia passed a law requiring municipalities to resell guns obtained instead of destroying them with the express intent of making buybacks distasteful to the municipalities even though they would actually increase their budgets in so doing. It worked.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links