Anything else to add?

Anything else to add?

This is a discussion on Anything else to add? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am forever trying to get inside the bad guy's head and thought process - these are just a few observations I come up with ...

Thread: Anything else to add?

Assistant Administrator

Anything else to add?

I am forever trying to get inside the bad guy's head and thought process - these are just a few observations I come up with - there are probably more - add yours.

If BG's did not exist - would we still carry?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The bad guy -

1) - Hates his fellow humans.

2) - Has little or no regard for the feelings of others.

3) - Has little or no regard for other's possessions.

4) - Treats life as nothing sacrosanct.

5) - Greed is a prime motivation.

6) - The world owes him a living.

7) - He and only he (or she) matters.

8) - He/she will do what it takes to fullfill objectives, regardless of consequences.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    That's pretty much all I can figure for a bad guy. Although, I'm not sure some bad guys think that far ahead as whether or not a mark could die by their actions. I've heard if they would only have given up their money I wouldn't have had to hit them. Sad fact about ALL humans including me, we are ALL selfish (well maybe especially me)

I would still carry, because in ND we've had mountain lion attacks on people, there are wild coyotes, and the deer that you might hit on the highway that you would have to put down.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    8) - He/she will do what it takes to fullfill objectives, regardless of consequences.
    There are two types with respect to this one:
    1) The stupid BG - no concern for anything past the next 15 minutes or so; will kill for $20, and
    2) the mercenary bad guy - very careful about his own consequences, but no concern for you; will only kill for a big payoff because of the risk.

In both cases, other people are just objects.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Yes, I Would Still Carry...

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I am forever trying to get inside the bad guy's head and thought process - these are just a few observations I come up with - there are probably more - add yours.

If BG's did not exist - would we still carry?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The bad guy -
    ...because I really enjoy my guns, even if just for 'plinking'. Protection from critters is also a consideration. Here in Florida?...mostly gators and snakes.

#9. Few BG's are REAL tough guys (some are)...if the odds become 'even'...they usually back down...if hurt or stopped, want mercy that they would not give to others...basically, cowards at heart.

#10. They really believe that they will NOT get stopped or caught.

#11. Some...are too lazy 'to steal'.

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Assistant Administrator
    Ahh yes - #'s 9, 10 and 11 - good additions.

I agree of course that even if no BG's many of us might still carry simply for critter protection - certainly in some areas more than others.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Sanford Strong once made a great statement with regard to those people who try to "reason" with bad guys (and why it doesn't work): "You're not different, you're not special to them...you're just next, nothing more!"

I think that is a powerful statement.

I remember a conversation I had with a long time street cop and customer of mine a while back. He said the thing that bothered him the most was the "new" generation of felons he was dealing with had no concept of their current actions affecting their or anyone else's future. They just do whatever they want at that instant without any thought of concequences.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Good Point...

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    "You're not different, you're not special to them...you're just next, nothing more!"

I think that is a powerful statement.
    This is certainly...#12

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wait a minute..........are you talking about BG's or Democrats? (Sorry, couldn't resist!)
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I think the most important thing to keep in mind, is not all BGs will fit into this mold. You may be surprised when it's just the guy next door, or appears to be. I guess we're not talking about appearances, but I think you guys understand what I'm trying to say.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I don't think you can stereotype bad guys any more than you can stereotype gun owners. That being said there is some traits that are common to the species of bad guy that a person might find themselves in contact with thru random chance.

Violent bg's will typically be young ( under 30 ) and male. They will have poor impulse control with their entire lives geared towards immediate gratification . You are seen as a means to that gratification , not as a person. They are predators who like all predators are opportunists .
    If someone looks too aware , or too strong , they will pass on them , waiting for the right moment of an unaware person who is relatively isolated . Experience as taught them that this combination is vital for success , offering an easy stalk , and least chance of being caught .
    They are somewhat sociopathic , its not that they want to hurt anyone , its that they don't care if they hurt someone to get what they want from them . Most will happily push grandma to the ground while snatching her purse , with no regard for her if she breaks a hip ect..

The other critter we may see is the " gang banger " type , Now ladies and gents this is a different animal altogether. Pack mentality combined with a subculture rooted in violence and drugs where arrests are seen as street credibility makes this critter the rabid dog of our society.

Where situational awareness will pretty well handle our first mope , the gang banger should be held with the same regard that we have for a rattlesnake , or nitroglycerin . There is literally no predicting what these idiots will do or when .

Imho that is the two most likely types of criminal we will run into ( throu no real fault of our own ) in day to day life . Your thoughts ?
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Links