What playoff teams are you following?

This is a discussion on What playoff teams are you following? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What playoff teams are you following? Of course for me the Boston Bruins!!!! 2-0 in the series and making Penguins looking stupid Crosby.jpg FYI for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What playoff teams are you following?

Of course for me the Boston Bruins!!!! 2-0 in the series and making Penguins looking stupid
    Crosby.jpg

FYI for those that don't follow hockey: the final four teams competing for the Stanley Cup have each one a Stanley Cup in the last 4 years. I would like to see Bruins and Blackhawks in the finals (always great to have original six teams compete!)

My son and wife are big time SPurs fans so they are looking forward to the beating the Heat (they hate the heat!)

Whay playoff teams are you guys following?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

I'm following the Penguins, but, as you pointed out, the Bruins are kicking our butts right now.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I'm following the Penguins, but, as you pointed out, the Bruins are kicking our butts right now.
    I just can't stand that sniveling Crosby. Such great talent in an immature body.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm not following any of them, but I'm forced to hear all about the Miami Heat.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

none.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Since the Sharks are out of the playoffs, I have switched to "anyone but the Penguins" mode.....
    suntzu and iguanadon like this.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Hockey is a Sport? I thought the only Real sport was Football?
    lionround likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I just can't stand that sniveling Crosby. Such great talent in an immature body.
    Yeah, I used to be a Crosby fan, but he seems to be a big cry baby now. I still like the Pens, but I am disenchanted with Crosby.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Yeah, I used to be a Crosby fan, but he seems to be a big cry baby now. I still like the Pens, but I am disenchanted with Crosby.
    Now?! He was a disaster his rookie year. Veteran players and announcers alike could not stand his diving on plays. Quick story:

I was a hockey coach and we had a phenomenal team that was one of the top three in the Rockie Mountain District. (Tier I Pee Wee's). Anyway, my job was to give the kids a motivational speech before the head coach talked. (para 3 of the Ranger creed, stories of overcoming adversity, stuff like that). We had tournament where we tied the first two games the first day. We should have won. We were a much better team. Anyhoo, I was in the hotel that night reading the news and a sports writer (dang, I wish I kept a copy of this) was talking about Crosby (rookie year). He stated what a great athelte he was then continued with his attitude. I am paraphrasing but this is close to what he said:

When things are getting tough you need to step up to the plate and use your abilities. You need to keep your head down, mouth shut, and keep you feet moving, not some of the time, but all of the time
    We won the tournament

Anyhoo.....it was comical to watch Sid the Kid pretend to be tough against Chara the other night. Like Marchand or not, he is an agitor, but he will not goad someone into a fight unless he is willing to drop the gloves!

BTW: I had two scenarios for the series
    1. Boston in 5. Quite hinestly, Pens goalies are just good goailies and I did not think Voukoun would keep up his phenonmenal pace. Also, just like last year with the FLyers, the Pens are getting out of their game

2. Pens in 7. Pens have a better team on paper. If Voukouun could keep playing geat and the Bruins had many lapses it woould take the Pens 7 to win

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Now?! He was a disaster his rookie year. Veteran players and announcers alike could not stand his diving on plays. Quick story:

I was a hockey coach and we had a phenomenal team that was one of the top three in the Rockie Mountain District. (Tier I Pee Wee's). Anyway, my job was to give the kids a motivational speech before the head coach talked. (para 3 of the Ranger creed, stories of overcoming adversity, stuff like that). We had tournament where we tied the first two games the first day. We should have won. We were a much better team. Anyhoo, I was in the hotel that night reading the news and a sports writer (dang, I wish I kept a copy of this) was talking about Crosby (rookie year). He stated what a great athelte he was then continued with his attitude. I am paraphrasing but this is close to what he said:

We won the tournament

Anyhoo.....it was comical to watch Sid the Kid pretend to be tough against Chara the other night. Like Marchand or not, he is an agitor, but he will not goad someone into a fight unless he is willing to drop the gloves!

BTW: I had two scenarios for the series
    1. Boston in 5. Quite hinestly, Pens goalies are just good goailies and I did not think Voukoun would keep up his phenonmenal pace. Also, just like last year with the FLyers, the Pens are getting out of their game

2. Pens in 7. Pens have a better team on paper. If Voukouun could keep playing geat and the Bruins had many lapses it woould take the Pens 7 to win
    Yeah, all we heard around here his rookie year was how he was another Lemieux (good character, a class act). All of the news outlets seem to be in love with him, but most people know the truth now.

As to predictions, I think that Boston will take it (although I would obviously rather the Penguins win). The Pens can't ever seem to keep a lead; and it seems the bigger the lead, the better the chance they will blow it. They are better on paper, but they seem to choke when it comes to actually performing.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Hockey is a Sport? I thought the only Real sport was Football?
    Rob, I'm with you on this one. Having grown up in Texas, there is no other sport than football. And No, that's not futbol for you soccer fans.
    Rob99VMI04 likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by emawildcat View Post
    Since the Sharks are out of the playoffs, I have switched to "anyone but the Penguins" mode.....
    That's the same approach I use with the Yankees.
    emawildcat likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I haven't followed hockey in years, but since we finally got a HD tv, and I can see the puck again (sort of), I too, am hoping for an old school, 'Hawks-Bruins' matchup.

The rest of the time I root for the Rockies this time of year.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    I'm a Cleveland Browns fan, so the answer to your question is none.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I'm a Cleveland Browns fan, so the answer to your question is none.
    And most likely in the future will be none The poor Browns just suck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links