Resisting Enemy Interrorgation

Resisting Enemy Interrorgation

This is a discussion on Resisting Enemy Interrorgation within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Resisting Enemy Interrogation (1944) - IMDb A downed American bomber crew quickly falls prey to the clever interrogation techniques of the Germans in this dramatic ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Resisting Enemy Interrorgation

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,883

    Resisting Enemy Interrorgation

    Resisting Enemy Interrogation (1944) - IMDb

    A downed American bomber crew quickly falls prey to the clever interrogation techniques of the Germans in this dramatic training film.
    Airs 6 Jun at 3:30 PM on TCM

    I saw this going through some training. It is old but a very good understanding of how different interrogation techniques wok with different types of people.

    I have never seen it ever broadcast on regular TV If you have time and get the channel i recommend watching it.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8


  2. #2
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,380
    Sounds interesting. We may have received similar training; mine was at Fairchild AFB, Wa.
    suntzu likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  3. #3
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,169
    Sounds interesting, I'll have to check and see if we get TCM (what is that anyway?)

    Msgt...was that the Vietnamese prison camp training? My husband went to that and said it was pretty brutal.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array NONAME762's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    About 235M out of The Palouse WA
    Posts
    7,798
    Turner Classic Movies?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Sounds interesting, I'll have to check and see if we get TCM (what is that anyway?)

    Msgt...was that the Vietnamese prison camp training? My husband went to that and said it was pretty brutal.
    There are different levels and types of training depeding on job and liklihood of capture and detention..and by whom.. The film shows how an air crew caught by the Germans can each just give a tid bit if unclassfied information and from that an enemy can complete a bigger picture.
    I think the movie is informative for those that never hear real training and for those that have never served.

    What is a personal irratant for me is whn folks say torture works and they favor water boarding. It does and it does not. This movie shows how there are everal techniques and when the proper technique is applied to the right person, that is what works. Torture across the board is not an answer.

    Anyway, it is a training film but you watch it like a movie.

    TCM-Turner Classic Movies
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  6. #6
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Turner Classic Movies?
    Sounds right!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  7. #7
    Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    1,508
    I prefer to believe the Hogan's Hero's version of what happened when American pilots fell into German hands. Not very realistic, but since my Dad was a German POW I don't like to think about what he really went through.

    To have heard him tell it it wasn't that bad, but I think he was just playing it down.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

  8. #8
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Sounds interesting, I'll have to check and see if we get TCM (what is that anyway?)

    Msgt...was that the Vietnamese prison camp training? My husband went to that and said it was pretty brutal.
    That was the one, to me it was not so brutal in a physical sense but it really messed with your mind.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  9. #9
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,380
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    There are different levels and types of training depeding on job and liklihood of capture and detention..and by whom.. The film shows how an air crew caught by the Germans can each just give a tid bit if unclassfied information and from that an enemy can complete a bigger picture.
    I think the movie is informative for those that never hear real training and for those that have never served.

    What is a personal irratant for me is whn folks say torture works and they favor water boarding. It does and it does not. This movie shows how there are everal techniques and when the proper technique is applied to the right person, that is what works. Torture across the board is not an answer.

    Anyway, it is a training film but you watch it like a movie.

    TCM-Turner Classic Movies
    We just had to attend a basic survival school, I remember talking to some PJs when I was in a rescue squadron and they had to attend several survival schools.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  10. #10
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    That was the one, to me it was not so brutal in a physical sense but it really messed with your mind.
    Yes, more mentally brutal than physical, except for the day he had to spend cramped up in the bamboo cage...he has long legs and that got painful. One interesting thing he told me was that the "interrogaters" knew ALL about him and about me too and would say things that played on his emotions. I can just image what they would know now with the internet.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  11. #11
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,532
    And I thought driving thru Airway Heights and working the flight line in the rain and snow across from the survival school was messing with my head.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  12. #12
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Yes, more mentally brutal than physical, except for the day he had to spend cramped up in the bamboo cage...he has long legs and that got painful. One interesting thing he told me was that the "interrogaters" knew ALL about him and about me too and would say things that played on his emotions. I can just image what they would know now with the internet.
    A good friend of mine is the brother of a retired NCO who worked the SERE program for his entire twenty-seven year air force career. He told me how they got all that deeply personal info about students taking the course. Of course, if I told you, they might come and get me.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

  13. #13
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    A good friend of mine is the brother of a retired NCO who worked the SERE program for his entire twenty-seven year air force career. He told me how they got all that deeply personal info about students taking the course. Of course, if I told you, they might come and get me.
    They're coming to get you anyway Mike so you might as tell just tell us.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  14. #14
    Distinguished Member
    Array manolito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Milford California
    Posts
    1,290
    As far as I know the training at SERE is still classified. Lets keep the OPSEC.

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array LimaCharlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,453
    I went through the Navy SERE training before going to Viet Nam as an advisor. One of the trainers foamed at the mouth while interrogating you. I later learned he put a piece of Alka-Seltzer under his tongue before starting. I can still see him picking me up by the front of my shirt and bouncing me off the wall while foaming at the mouth and screaming at me. They knew everything about you before you went in.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

    U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

resisting enemy interrogation

,

resisting enemy interrogation imdb

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors