Have You Talked To Or Are You A Verizon Customer?

This is a discussion on Have You Talked To Or Are You A Verizon Customer? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If so big bro is getting your info. The newspaper claims the document shows for the first time that under the Obama administration the communication ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Have You Talked To Or Are You A Verizon Customer?

VIP Member

If so big bro is getting your info.

The newspaper claims the document shows for the first time that under the Obama administration the communication records of millions of U.S. citizens were being collected indiscriminately and in bulk, regardless of whether they were suspected of any wrongdoing.

Neither Fox News nor the Associated Press could not authenticate the report as of early Thursday.

Under the terms of the order, the phone numbers of both parties on a call are handed over, as is location data, call duration, unique identifiers, and the time and duration of all calls, The Guardian said.

Read more: NSA collecting phone records for millions of Verizon customers, report says | Fox News
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Verizon was bought out/taken over by Frontier I believe.

The only other words I might use to voice my displeasure with either the Feds or Verizon/Frontier would gain me more infraction points.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    Nah. I think you can still say " Repeal the Patriot Act." without getting points.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    This is getting crazy. We're headed to a Soviet state in the same of safety.

From the article:

"If true, the broad, unlimited nature of the records being handed over to the NSA is unusual. FISA court orders typically direct the production of records pertaining to a specific named target suspected of being an agent of a terrorist group or foreign state, or a finite set of individually named targets. NSA warrantless wiretapping during the George W. Bush administration after the 9/11 attacks was very controversial."

Remember when the media went into a feeding frenzy over this when it was done on targeted people? Now that it's a huge information gathering push by the Obama administration I wonder if the main stream will be as outraged? Probably not.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I hope they waste a lot of time analyzing texts from my wife saying "when are you coming home"
    ksholder, 84160, Darrow75 and 4 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I hope they waste a lot of time analyzing texts from my wife saying "when are you coming home"
    It's probably your answer they'll analyze.

"So Mr BugDude, when are going home? And how long have you been gone? Where? Why? Who did you talk to when you were gone? You seem to spend a lot of time at Home Depot in the garden department, specifically the fertilizer aisle...why is that? We notice you stopped at 7-11 and according to out records you ordered a Big Gulp. You realize that's illegal and we'll have to take you in for some more questioning about your soda habits"
    84160, Darrow75, ksholder and 1 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Uh OH!! Now all my nefarious plots against the government are going to tracked and drones will be hovering over my house and office all times of the day and night.

Another typical example of government waste.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

The phrases "the newspaper claims", "could not authenticate" and "if true" should be kept in mind as you read the article.

That said, I would not be surprised if it turned out to be true.
    British by birth. American by choice.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It's not just Verizon being "tracked."
    Daddy Warcrimes likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Troubling, but not surprising

Pre paid is the way to go. No name, no contract, no nothing, no worries.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    This has been going on since the Patriot and Protect America Acts were put into place. Back then the Dems were complaining about Bush "spying" on Americans, now it is the GOP complaining about Obama doing the same thing. The government will ALWAYS use any and all power we allow it to have. People were scared after 9/11 and gave the government way to much power to spy on us.

One of the biggest problems we have is that people are terrible at evaluating risk. People seem to think that terrorism is actually something they need to worry about, while you are at much greater risk stepping in and out of your shower in the morning. People think that flying is dangerous but have no problem jumping in their car. The same goes with this fear of "mass shootings". None of them are a real risk to us but it is what people seem to focus on. Because of that the government is given more and more power in an attempt to "keep us safe", when the reality is that the person that keeps you safe is you.
    Jeanlouise and Darrow75 like this.

I dumped Verizon when they got rid of their unlimited data. I now use Sprint.

not that I'm constantly surfing the interwebz or downloading stuff on my phone, that's what I have a computer for. But every now and again I do find myself using quite a bit of data listening to Pandora type apps when I'm someplace that I don't have regular access to a normal radio.

I have Verizon FiOS for my cable and internet. Does this mean the NSA knows my TV habits? I been watching a Cinemax series OnDemand called Strike Back. If they track that, they're going to think "Hey...this guy really likes guns and nudity, but he is also for killing terrorists...a lot...so I think he is okay".
    Stoveman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    I have Verizon FiOS for my cable and internet. Does this mean the NSA knows my TV habits? I been watching a Cinemax series OnDemand called Strike Back. If they track that, they're going to think "Hey...this guy really likes guns and nudity, but he is also for killing terrorists...a lot...so I think he is okay".
    Anybody that likes guns, nudity and killing terrorists all at the same time is all right in my book.

Don't think for a minute that it is only Verizon. They are just the first to be reported.
    Darrow75 and msgt/ret like this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links