Meeting a President

This is a discussion on Meeting a President within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Our Baltimore Ravens went to the White House . Would any of our members go to the meet & greet or stay home . And ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Meeting a President

VIP Member

Meeting a President

Our Baltimore Ravens went to the White House . Would any of our members go to the meet & greet or stay home . And what President would you want to meet from any era.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    I've met Bush Sr and Clinton. Both very down to earth folks, talked to you like they were just some guy off of the street.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Any era - Abraham Lincoln
    My lifetime - Ronald Reagan

I will keep politics out of this and have no comment on whether I would go for a meet and greet now.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RightyLefty View Post
    Any era - Abraham Lincoln
    My lifetime - Ronald Reagan

I will keep politics out of this and have no comment on whether I would go for a meet and greet now.
    I think that would be my pick too . Great men and Presidents

Meh. A president's just a guy. There have been some who were great men, but just being president doesn't make it worth crossing the street to meet a guy.
    RichB70 likes this.

I met Nixon when I was a kid (1969), and I have a son who met W in 2002. My pick from any era would be Jefferson without a doubt.

I would be willing to go to a meet and greet. I might not have much in common with our current Prez but he is the Prez and it would still be an honor.
    Last edited by BuckNekkid; June 6th, 2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: typo
    "In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.....those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
    -Clint Eastwood "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"

Quote Originally Posted by BuckNekkid View Post
    I met Nixon when I was a kid (1969), and I have a son who met W in 2002. My pick from any era would be Jefferson without a doubt.

I would be willing to go to a meet and greet. I might not have much in common with our current Prez but he is the Prez and it would still be an honor.
    No offense Bud but you've gone mental.
    msgt/ret and BuckNekkid like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Same here, if I got an opprutunity to meet Obama I would take it.
    My lifetime probably G1 or Regan. To shoot the sheet and have couple of beers G2

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I'm not sure,which one,maybe Reagan..I can say,i wouldn't waste 30 seconds of my time,any day,week,month,or year,on the current one..

VIP Member
    Any era? Seriously? George Washington. Numero Uno. Imagine what he could tell you.
    Patti likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I would go meet Obama, just because he is the president (I don't agree with alot of his policies, but one has to respect the office). If I could meet any pres, I think FDR would be a very interesting guy to talk to.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

Truman. I would ask him:

Why did we have the Battle for Okinawa knowing the development of the A Bomb was underway and was scheduled for completion
    Why he decided to use the A Bomb

I think it would be insightful to sit down one on one for a few hours discussing these issues. The man was put on the spot when FDR died. He had to make some tremendous decisions.
    thephanatik and Badey like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I'd also love to meet George Washington. Maybe clear up some of the misinterpretations of Amendments 1-10.

I'd pass on meeting the current president. I have too busy of a life. Time to go watch the grass grow.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

VIP Member
    With no disrespect for any president, I have better uses of my time and money than to spend a day or two running across the country for a 5 minute photo OP for the prez.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I enjoy my freedom such as it is. In the interest of maintaining it, I would forego any chance to meet the current occupant of the White House.
    I'd have to think long and hard about which one to meet. I loved Reagan and think a visit with him would be the most enjoyable and entertaining but I'd probably opt for either Washington or Jefferson.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links