HollyWeird is at it again - The Purge

This is a discussion on HollyWeird is at it again - The Purge within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Critics: 'The Purge' an attack on Tea Party, NRA | Fox News Seem we NRA nuts will run the world in 2022! JMHO if we ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By suntzu
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: HollyWeird is at it again - The Purge

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Critics: 'The Purge' an attack on Tea Party, NRA | Fox News

Seem we NRA nuts will run the world in 2022! JMHO if we keep going like we are, I think the purge will start soon!

Just added a FN 5.7 to the armory! Just in case! Good deal on a used one! Please pass the ammo!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    What a crock. Hollywood at it's worst...making big money off of extreme violence and greed while accusing Americans of being extremely violent and greedy.
    shadowwalker and welder516 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    The funny part is that if you are looking to be attacked, you will find attacks everywhere. I would have never concerned the movie as an attack on the NRA or Tea Party, might be able to consider it an attack on evil corporations. But if you want to play the victim, you can find something to be offended at in just about everything. If you really want to be offended about something, how about the poor story line and bad acting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    What a crock. Hollywood at it's worst...making big money off of extreme violence and greed while accusing Americans of being extremely violent and greedy.
    Well, you can look at like this:
    Unemployment and crime in the movie is at an all time low. Owning guns is not forbidden. And the use of them for home defense and self defense is highly encouraged. In fact, in the movie the onus is on the person to defend themselves, not the government since all emergencey calls are not answered and LE does not come to your rescue.

Now...isn't this exactly what we have all been preaching? Imagine Chicago if they had a purge and all GG's were armed and had to take care of themselve and have the Ultimate Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws in full force to give them immunity.

It is gun owners heaven!

JL...you got Hollywood all wrong!

BTW: I am planning on seeing it when it comes in Netflix of Amazon.
    rottkeeper likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am planning on seeing it when it shows up on one of the movie channels, if I don't have something better to do that day.

Well, you can look at like this:
    Unemployment and crime in the movie is at an all time low. Owning guns is not forbidden. And the use of them for home defense and self defense is highly encouraged. In fact, in the movie the onus is on the person to defend themselves, not the government since all emergencey calls are not answered and LE does not come to your rescue.

Now...isn't this exactly what we have all been preaching? Imagine Chicago if they had a purge and all GG's were armed and had to take care of themselve and have the Ultimate Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws in full force to give them immunity.

It is gun owners heaven!

JL...you got Hollywood all wrong!

You hit the nail on the head. Crime is low. Unemployment is low. Its about the individual having to defend themselves. It is everything we preach....I to look forward to seeing it. You can not blame the NRA and Tea party for rich white guys that are out of control. Not while the blooming idiot is still mayor of NYC.....
    suntzu likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You get it! FOlks don't understand....this is a postive movie!!!
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think most are scared to admit that they have talked to their friends about "what would you do if it happened" . I have....Really interesting conversations to, I might add....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I see you're a glass half full kinda guy.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

If its have full is it not have empty and vise versa....

Bottom line there is half of something missing.....

There is always more in the fridge.

Links