Gone too far

Gone too far

This is a discussion on Gone too far within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm sure your all aware of the recent information that has been leaked by a former CIA operative and NSA employee. I think we have ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gene83

Thread: Gone too far

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar

Gone too far

I'm sure your all aware of the recent information that has been leaked by a former CIA operative and NSA employee. I think we have just seen the tip of the iceburg here. There is more to come. My question is, have we lost any ability to communicate securely be it by cell phone, internet, or land line. We know the that the cell phone providers and internet service providers have been given immunity so they can break the law, and supply the government with all the information they want. That does not mean it's legal, or constitutional. Have our rights to reasonable privacy been trampled on. Have these cell phone and internet service providers breeched the contract with their customers. What are the possibilities of class action lawsuits popping up to go after these service providers for violating the law and breaking a contract. Criminal immunity doesn't mean they can't be sued in civil court. Is anyone considering dropping cell phones and intrnet to regain some privacy. I know the government says they won't use the information to harm US citizens, but we have already seen it with the IRS scandal. Think of the possibilities they have with this information. We see your a member of the NRA or GOA or whatever, just fill in the blank, and if that doesn't change, an audit might be in order. The possibilities for control are endless. Control thru intimidation= tyranny. Your thoughts.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    I'm sure your all aware of the recent information that has been leaked by a former CIA operative and NSA employee. I think we have just seen the tip of the iceburg here. There is more to come. My question is, have we lost any ability to communicate securely be it by cell phone, internet, or land line. We know the that the cell phone providers and internet service providers have been given immunity so they can break the law, and supply the government with all the information they want. That does not mean it's legal, or constitutional. Have our rights to reasonable privacy been trampled on. Have these cell phone and internet service providers breeched the contract with their customers. What are the possibilities of class action lawsuits popping up to go after these service providers for violating the law and breaking a contract. Criminal immunity doesn't mean they can't be sued in civil court. Is anyone considering dropping cell phones and intrnet to regain some privacy. I know the government says they won't use the information to harm US citizens, but we have already seen it with the IRS scandal. Think of the possibilities they have with this information. We see your a member of the NRA or GOA or whatever, just fill in the blank, and if that doesn't change, an audit might be in order. The possibilities for control are endless. Control thru intimidation= tyranny. Your thoughts.
    Mail a first class letter. It's a little slower, but it's still private by law.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

In all seriousness, remember the movie "Goodfellas" when Henry is talking about Paulie. Paulie used pay phones and didn't talk to hardly anyone directly. He let others carry his message. That's the way you do it, if you're into that kind of thing.

Personally, all the data collection doesn't bother me. It still takes people to analyze it and that's the flaw in the system. The FBI had intel on the Boston Marathon bombers possibly collected through a program like the one that has now been exposed. They talked with the older brother and made the mistake of thinking there was nothing there. So much for data collection.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Links