Does anyone watch Perry Mason?

This is a discussion on Does anyone watch Perry Mason? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The guy is one of the most incompetent handlers of firearms that I've ever seen. It kind of reminds me of 'Plan 9 from Outer ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Does anyone watch Perry Mason?

The guy is one of the most incompetent handlers of firearms that I've ever seen. It kind of reminds me of 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' in that regard. He even set up a 'target' in front of the Bench and fired a blank into it in court the other day. He also seems to have a penchant for sniffing the barrel to see if a gun has been fired...amazing how times and the depiction of firearms has changed...thankfully in this case.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    Ironside was almost as competent.
    Badey likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Ironside was almost as competent.
    I don't doubt it, I couldn't ever seem to get into that one though...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    I haven't seen Perry Mason in years but I used to love it. Not only did he get his client off...the real perp was ALWAYS sitting in the court room (like a chump) and gets pointed out by Perry.

I like watching medical shows because they do some things that, if didn't actually cause the demise of the patient, would at least get them sued for malpractice.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I haven't seen Perry Mason in years but I used to love it. Not only did he get his client off...the real perp was ALWAYS sitting in the court room (like a chump) and get pointed out by Perry.

I like watching medical shows because they do some things that, if didn't actually cause the demise of the patient, would at least get them sued for malpractice.

I know what you're saying,but I don't have the medical acumen to pick those things out, but when a defense attorney sets up a shooting bench in court opposite a witness, and takes direct aim at the witness' face with a .38 (they all seem to be .38s in Perry's world), immediately after firing a 'blank' in the direction of the judge, in open court, one's just got to wonder about Perry's bonafides when it comes to firearm safety.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    [/B]

I know what you're saying,but I don't have the medical acumen to pick those things out, but when a defense attorney sets up a shooting bench in court opposite a witness, and takes direct aim at the witness' face with a .38 (they all seem to be .38s in Perry's world), immediately after firing a 'blank' in the direction of the judge, in open court, one's just got to wonder about Perry's bonafides when it comes to firearm safety.
    LOL...I know. I hear Feinstein consulted on the scripts...she's such a gun expert.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

After thinking about it, I also think I may have been premature in believing that television had progressed beyond such hijinks in the intervening 50-or-so years. I don't watch much modern TV, outside of sports, but I like Duck Dynasty for the 'family feel' and the general political incorrectness of the characters. However, I would not go hunting with Uncle Si for money!

Amos Burke (Burke's Law) is even worse. finger is ALWAYS on the trigger when he is holding a firearm (even while he is running and swinging his gun arm all around.)
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Links