Police Roadblocks asking for DNA and Blood samples.

This is a discussion on Police Roadblocks asking for DNA and Blood samples. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Authorities say drivers in St. Clair and Bibb counties were stopped at roadblocks in the area and were asked to give DNA and blood samples ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Police Roadblocks asking for DNA and Blood samples.

Senior Moderator

Police Roadblocks asking for DNA and Blood samples.

Authorities say drivers in St. Clair and Bibb counties were stopped at roadblocks in the area and were asked to give DNA and blood samples as part of a study.

Why the DNA if you just want to see how much blood and alcohol is in peoples systems, in this "voluntary" and "anonymous" survey?

DNA, blood samples collected at Ala. roadblocks - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

2. Remove Ads

This is one of the most chilling stories to come out lately. Just a few years ago, I would not have believed it. But now I do.
    fredg53, ksholder and msgt/ret like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    This is one of the most chilling stories to come out lately. Just a few years ago, I would not have believed it. But now I do.
    So paying people for voluntarily giving samples is "chilling"? Why exactly is that?

There is nothing right about this. Off duty LE and FD people assiting in a study that is a partnership with a federal agencey and private entity.
    CIBMike and Kilowatt3 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Sure, its voluntary. But when somebody gets pulled over it would seem to me to be an intimidation factor. Oh, its anonymous. Yeah, sure.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

$10 for a mouth swab, $50 for a blood sample...

How much to insert the RFID chip to make it all work?

This is appalling... I don't care if it was "voluntary" I don't care that the officials were "off duty"...

I looked for other stories on this... this is what I found:

Why were roadblocks in St. Clair and Bibb counties asking for blood and DNA samples this weekend? | al.com

Pell City woman talks about participation in roadside saliva, blood sample survey | al.com

Feds, state officials comment on St. Clair, Bibb mouth swabs, blood sample road blocks | al.com

This is occurring at midnight? on a public road? With on duty deputies directing traffic? No... this is wrong... it's happening all over the country one article said.... Google news only finds "NTHSA samples " in Alabama...

Probably really an "alien probe" of the "close encounters" kind... the aliens are disguising themselves as PO'lice... And "probing" more Alabamans..

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
    CIBMike, Kilowatt3 and fredg53 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

If they are paying people for it, it's anonymous and it's voluntary why is LE involved? Why are people being stopped and asked for this? If everything is as innocent as they say, then it's not a big deal. But with all of the stuff that is going on with the IRS and NSA, I would be a little nervous about handing over DNA and blood samples. I would be especially nervous if it was at a police roadblock. It would be too easy for someone to record the license plates of those that gave samples.

Well I hope the State of Alabama from the governor on down is real proud of themselves.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    So paying people for voluntarily giving samples is "chilling"? Why exactly is that?
    Because today its voluntary. Tomorrow it might not be.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    I'm not the least bit alright with this process. It does smell of intimidation. Further, what will be done with the findings? Surely for every action there is an equal and opposite. Just because there is a payment involved, it doesn't justify the action. They'll pay you in the state of New York to rat on your neighbor for owning illegal firearms but that doesn't make it right. This is a slippery slope.

I suppose allowing them to scrape spit off the sidewalk would be an appropriate response. Free.
    Last edited by svgheartland; June 11th, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
    Kilowatt3 and blitzburgh like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Okay, so... we have the state police set up a roadblock and everyone pulls over.. including you. One of the nice attendants, a volunteer, walks to your car and motions for you to roll down your window.

"Sir, I don't know who you are, and I don't need to see your ID or anything... We are doing a national survey for the NDAA. Would you like to volunteer for the study? We will pay $50.00. "

"What's the study for?"

"It's a study for the DHS/DOJ NDAA, ve are payink $50 for participation in the study, Vould you participate?"

"Um, sure, I guess. For Homeland Security, sure."

"Step this vay... It's only a few steps up into our portable office, here on the railroad siding...."

PT Barnum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Perhaps they're more prevalent in Alabama..? Not to disparage our Alabama members, but this "nationwide survey" currently only shows up in Alabama news stories....

And to answer the question... What's $50 to a government that can print all the money they want? Chilling? You betcha. Like running ice cubes down your spine... Enough to make you shudder.

Don't forget, the government (our government, at least at many state levels, BTW), in it's benevolence was responsible for many Eugenics programs in the past... I'm sure some of the beneficiaries of those programs volunteered as well...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    If they are paying people for it, it's anonymous and it's voluntary why is LE involved? Why are people being stopped and asked for this? If everything is as innocent as they say, then it's not a big deal. But with all of the stuff that is going on with the IRS and NSA, I would be a little nervous about handing over DNA and blood samples. I would be especially nervous if it was at a police roadblock. It would be too easy for someone to record the license plates of those that gave samples.
    If it was a study it would be done in a lab not out on the roadsideSo they take samples and just let people go on their merry way with cash?Sounds smells looks and feels like an experiment to see how many people comply .
    The easy way is always mined.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Is "Piss off" an appropriate reply to their request?
    pgrass101, CIBMike and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I'd offer a stool sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Well, the 6 or 8 posts following yours cover it pretty well. What they don't address, though, is the even more chilling idea that there are people out there who don't find it "chilling."

Obviously, the indoctrination in blind faith and obedience to Government is working.

But back to your question:

1) Drivers were arbitrarily stopped, without probable cause. This is done all the time, but that doesn't make it right (or legal, or Constitutional).

2) Drivers were stopped by off-duty deputies. On-duty deputies don't have the authority to stop you without probable cause; Off-duty LEO's SURE as heck don't.

3) The study was supported and funded by the National Highway Safety Administration. Being a Federal agency, the
    NHSA has NO authority to get involved in a study of drivers, unless those drivers happened to be crossing state lines. They also have no authority to be spending Federal tax dollars on such studies.

4) The Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, which ran the study, is a shill organization. They exist to drum up pseudo-scientific support for laws and public policy that encroach on personal freedoms, and to siphon tax dollars into liberal activist pockets. They are rabidly anti-gun, by the way.

5) What in the flying heck does a DNA sample have to do with determining how many people are driving with drugs or alcohol in their system?

6) Paying people to give up their Constitutional rights is one of the more insidious ways that the Statists work towards their ends. It works, and the 'beauty' of it all is that it's done with taxpayer money. The entire Social Welfare system is a perfect example, as are gun-"buyback" programs. Did you see the recent news report where the man-on-the-street reporter offered people a free iPhone if they just sign a document relinquishing their Constitutional rights? It worked, almost 100% IIRC.

7) The data collection is supposed to be "anonymous." Lessee, they've got your photograph, videos, DNA and blood samples, and your license plate number. Anonymous???

If you don't find this whole exercise "chilling", then you scare ME!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links