Only in America!

This is a discussion on Only in America! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A school teacher is fired because she is a victim of Dom Violence! San Diego Domestic Violence Victim Fired From Teaching | NBC 7 San ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By kapnketel
  • 2 Post By ksholder

Thread: Only in America!

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Only in America!

A school teacher is fired because she is a victim of Dom Violence!

San Diego Domestic Violence Victim Fired From Teaching | NBC 7 San Diego

Then the Feds hire Criminals for the State Department!

EXCLUSIVE: Latest wrinkle in State Department scandals - agents with criminal records have been hired - NYPOST.com

Then our King objects to a Religious Liberty Amendment!

Obama ?Strongly Objects? to Religious Liberty Amendment | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Can't comment on the AMERICAN Mariachi Singer who open the spurs game as I would get banded for life!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't understand what's going on in this country right now, but I sure hope we get over it soon.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Well I hope that poor womans attorney wins her case. Meantime since she lives in California I think she should look into relocating to a more 2A friendly state as it's quite obvious restraining orders are NOT working.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

When I wake up and hear the news everyday I really question what country I am in. This is getting way out of hand

I got excited and thought this was a Don King thread for a minute!

I think the school did the right thing. Her presence endangered the students. Unfortunate for her, but necessary IMO.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I read that article also. So now you are held accountable for what some crazy person does? What if it was a stranger stalking her, would they do the same? I understand the concern of parents, but how about beefing up school security instead?
    maxwell97 likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Well, while I don't agree with the firing of the DV victim, it was not the government doing the firing, but the Catholic church. Given that a private school is a business, they weighed the consequences of keeping her on and they felt that she was not worth the risk of several families pulling their kids out. The school did have to go on lock down due to her ex. If I were her, I would get the heck out of dodge while the old man is in the slammer.

As far as the feds hiring criminals at State - well, the person who was running State was, IMHO up to her eyeballs in the death of Vince Foster. She is just not a convicted criminal.

In the case of O being against religious liberty - well that's nothing new. Disappointing, but not new.
    oakchas and AZJD1968 like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Well, while I don't agree with the firing of the DV victim, it was not the government doing the firing, but the Catholic church. Given that a private school is a business, they weighed the consequences of keeping her on and they felt that she was not worth the risk of several families pulling their kids out. The school did have to go on lock down due to her ex. If I were her, I would get the heck out of dodge while the old man is in the slammer.

As far as the feds hiring criminals at State - well, the person who was running State was, IMHO up to her eyeballs in the death of Vince Foster. She is just not a convicted criminal.

In the case of O being against religious liberty - well that's nothing new. Disappointing, but not new.
    Pretty much summed it up right there... Dunno about Vince Foster... but there's plenty of other crime in Billary's closets.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Its a terrible shame that once again the victim is the one that pays and this type of injustice and continues to spread. Maybe out there away from never never land a school district will see this and be able to offer her a job rather the see a teacher of many years be wasted. Hopefully it will be in a state where she would rights instead of being condemned, I wish her well

Every day I see more and more bad news, sometimes I just want to hang my head and cry, I want my old country back!!

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    You forgot "Black Hawk Down" when she was the shadow SOD & SOS & AG for her Hubby Bill as well that real military genius Les Aspin!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Links