Burbon

This is a discussion on Burbon within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I drink Bourbon. I would drink it in a house, and I would drink it with a mouse. From the jug, or in a mug. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Burbon

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"

Burbon

I drink Bourbon.

I would drink it in a house, and I would drink it with a mouse.

From the jug, or in a mug. On the rocks, or with a fox.

Hunting, fishing, shooting; all the things I love to do deserve a good stiff drink at the end of the day to remunerate the days activities!

I'll add that I RARELY get intoxicated. I may have two if the company's good, but I am sort of a personal control freak, and do not like the feeling of not being in control of myself. All things in moderation.

I'll certainly drink any bourbon over just about anything. How I prefer it depends on it's quality.

I've probably tasted or have a bottle of just about every single Bourbon there is.

The "best" bourbons are all probably over $100 a bottle. Pappy Van Winkle 23 y/o, Woodford Master's Reserve, Black Maple 16 y/o, and all the elixirs finished in port, or other exotic barrels.

There are also a ton of fantastic ones at about $50 a bottle.

But, you certainly don't have to pay that much for a great whisky. My personal favorite, which I think is just a notch under all those fancy bottles, despite being less than a third the price, is Evan Williams Single Barrel. Sure, I like Buffalo Trace, and all their fine brands but EWSB would be my goto for even people who claim they don't like Bourbon (which I still cannot understand).

What's your favorite?
    Darrow75 and goldshellback like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    I like the stuff my neighbor buys
    rigel42, OldVet, fredg53 and 6 others like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Kentucky Bourbons

Makers Mark, Wild Turkey, Jim Beam, ect...ect
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    I like the stuff my neighbor buys
    Ha! I'm sorry we're not neighbors. Sharing is what it's for!

Glockman,
    I like Beam, especially for the price. I think Maker's costs more than it's worth. I'm not a big fan of Wild Turkey. The 80 proof is OK, but the 101 strikes me as sacrificing everything good for buzz. If the buzz is what you're looking for I suppose it's a best buy.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Years back when I was working at Ft. Hood, the base package store was giving out samples of the then new Jim Beam Black. I've always preferred Beam over Jack Daniels, so I tried a short shot. It came with a $2 off coupon and a free $10 calling card for a cab home. Big mistake, been hooked ever since. The only time I'll drink Coke is when it's drowning in JB Black.

As a side note, my dad's cure for the common cold was a healthy shot of the 101 Wild Turkey. A dose every night for 7-10 days and the cold always went away!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

In the days of my youth I drank Bourbon near exclusively. Jim Beam, Black Velvet, Canadian Mist? and Jack Daniel's.

Except for the occasional beer I mainly drink cheap Yodka or 190 proof Everclear (Moonshine)
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Bulleit Bourbon is quite good...although I am pretty poor right now so I stick with the Beam.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    It's not bourbon but crown royal is my favorite

Idk what it is, but my dad buys this stuff with a stallion reared up on its hind legs on the cap/cork. He usually only brings a flask full over as he says it isn't cheap, but it is some of the best I've had. Knob creek is one I like, Makers and Jim Beam is great for an inexpensive bourbon.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Woodford reserve is nice too.
    mcp1810 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I prefer cheap warm gin in a dirty glass

Brown alcohol doesn't agree with me, makes my stomach flip flop something fierce.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have never landed on a favorite, I like Blantons, Woodford Double Oaked, and Maker's 46. My current favorite is Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    I prefer cheap warm gin in a dirty glass

Brown alcohol doesn't agree with me, makes my stomach flip flop something fierce.
    Turpentine... Yuck.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

A good shot of Wild Turkey 101 is nice.

I prefer the straight whiskies over any blended, though.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Had a nice elderly woman make me some bourbon balls for Christmas as a thank you for helping her with some household chores she could no longer do. She told me it was from an old family recipe. Wow they packed a wallop.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links