Debate - Obama v Obama on Government Surveillance

This is a discussion on Debate - Obama v Obama on Government Surveillance within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is too priceless. JL started a thread on Obama's deafness on guns. I did not want to hijack her thread, but this is related ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 3 Post By OutWestSystems
  • 1 Post By tokerblue

Thread: Debate - Obama v Obama on Government Surveillance

VIP Member

Debate - Obama v Obama on Government Surveillance

This is too priceless. JL started a thread on Obama's deafness on guns. I did not want to hijack her thread, but this is related and too good to pass posting. It is Obama v Obama - I don't know which one wins, but we all lose.

Watch President Obama Debate Himself On Government Surveillance
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    This is too priceless. JL started a thread on Obama's deafness on guns. I did not want to hijack her thread, but this is related and too good to pass posting. It is Obama v Obama - I don't know which one wins, but we all lose.

Watch President Obama Debate Himself On Government Surveillance
    He too, has been assimilated...

In fairness, he ain't the first... he ain't gonna be the last. And folks, it doesn't matter which party they're in... One President went so far as to call it the Military-Industrial Complex... At that time manufacturing was the big $$$ in the US. Today, it's banks... specifically international banks, which are too big to fail... And it's money, people, money.

I have talked about voting 'em all out... I still believe it... but here's the thing... Until we can make a law that removes "personhood" from corporations, money will buy every election that matters... Unfortunately, those that "matter" enough to make laws that would eliminate corporate "personhood" "matter" enough to be bought and paid for.

We all cheer when Bloomberg didn't spend enough (as in Nevada) to make a difference. But the key word is "enough." He did spend enough in Colorado...

We the People, need the power back.... especially from pseudo people (corporations). The one place we need "forced equality" is in the election process... All candidates funds need to be limited, and all spending by PACs needs to STOP.

I'm sorry KS... I hijacked your thread..

You're right... the video is priceless. And all those who voted for Zero need to see it... and be afraid... very afraid... He's got enough time left to destroy this country... And he's just the puppet..
    Phaedrus likes this.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I'm sorry KS... I hijacked your thread..
    No problem - not hijacked, just providing color commentary.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Double talking Jive.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

He got the job and found out there was more to it than he thought.

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    He got the job and found out there was more to it than he thought.
    He lied to get the job, just like the rest of the them. His agenda has always been his agenda to change the face of america. His plan is working and all of us will suffer because of it...
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    People seem to be blaming this on Obama, but the reality is that this was going on long before Obama took office. Why anyone would have thought the Patriot Act and Protect America acts were a good idea is beyond me. The problem is that any time the government gets power that is not reviewed and controlled they will abuse it.
    Harryball, Kilowatt3 and Phaedrus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    People seem to be blaming this on Obama, but the reality is that this was going on long before Obama took office. Why anyone would have thought the Patriot Act and Protect America acts were a good idea is beyond me. The problem is that any time the government gets power that is not reviewed and controlled they will abuse it.
    You are correct it is not just Obamas fault, however he did say that he was against the Patriot act. And since taking office has expanded upon it. So in truth, it is as much his fault as Bush Jr....

Chillax, folks! It's okay. The secret wiretapping, internet data mining, and electronic snooping has all been approved by secret courts, behind closed doors, with government lawyers playing both offense and defense...

And, (oh, this is RICH!) It's all TRANSPARENT!

COOL BEANS, huh?

Story here: http://m.apnews.mobi/ap/db_6776/cont...tguid=MdOwkm4K

And, even better, he's gonna set up a panel of experts to look at the situation...

Color me cynical...

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    People seem to be blaming this on Obama, but the reality is that this was going on long before Obama took office. Why anyone would have thought the Patriot Act and Protect America acts were a good idea is beyond me.
    - It was Bush's fault when he was in office. Now that Obama is in office, it IS his fault. Bush could have discontinued the shenanigans, just like Obama can discontinue the shenanigans.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Links