It's official; No need to prove citizenship to vote in the U.S.

This is a discussion on It's official; No need to prove citizenship to vote in the U.S. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just come to our country, sign a form where you promise that you're a citizen, and you can choose our next leaders. Supreme Court strikes ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: It's official; No need to prove citizenship to vote in the U.S.

VIP Member

Just come to our country, sign a form where you promise that you're a citizen, and you can choose our next leaders.

Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voter ID citizenship law

I wonder if they have an absentee voting form for the terrorists that are too busy to make it over here?

I'm wondering how they figure that 13 million citizens don't have proof of citizenship. Are they seriously saying that 1 out of 20 citizens don't have a social security card, birth certificate, passport - something?
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I'm wondering how they figure that 13 million citizens don't have proof of citizenship. Are they seriously saying that 1 out of 20 citizens don't have a social security card, birth certificate, passport - something?
    My dad stopped driving about years ago when his vision became to bad and so he didn't renew his DL, I called him and he has no idea where his BC or Social Security Card is. So by your view, he should be allowed to vote, right?
    Phaedrus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post

Real proof of citizenship, is either the form you get when you become a citizen, or a sealed official copy (certified)of your Birth Certificate. Until a couple of weeks ago, I did not have the latter. I do not have a passport.

SScards are amongst the easiest to fake... A certified copy of a Birth Certificate is just a piece of paper... with a seal on it... easy enough to fake. How many poll workers in my state at least (old retired volunteers) would be able to spot a fake ss card... a fake Birth certificate... Have they even seen a passport?

Now, If all citizens had RFID chips implanted at birth or upon naturalization... why then, we'd know wouldn't we.... Of course, by the time those chips are the norm... It's coming folks, it really is... they will be easily faked, too.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    My dad stopped driving about years ago when his vision became to bad and so he didn't renew his DL, I called him and he has no idea where his BC or Social Security Card is. So by your view, he should be allowed to vote, right?
    You'd really hate me. I'd like to have it so that if you don't pay income tax, you don't vote.

Help your dad get a new social security card issued.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    You'd really hate me. I'd like to have it so that if you don't pay income tax, you don't vote.

What about millions of full time students? They can't vote? What is your rationale behind that? My son payed no money in taxes, guess he is out of luck?
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Here in FL. you can get a state issued ID card. The requirements are the same as a DL.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What about millions of full time students? They can't vote? What is your rationale behind that? My son payed no money in taxes, guess he is out of luck?
    I'm seriously good with that. If you're not paying in, then you don't have skin in the game.

This also coincidentally takes care of the voter ID problem.

I agree. People who don't pay income tax shouldn't be allowed to vote for those who will be making income tax policies.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I'm seriously good with that. If you're not paying in, then you don't have skin in the game.

Exactly, what are we paying into? Is this like a membership fee in a HOA? I did not know you have to have a membership to vote. Oh wait, you do...it is called citizenship.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

I'm in with that, don't pay taxes, can't vote. But may I add if you are a leach on the system like state aid, IE welfare for over 5 yrs.
    Abuse the taxpayers money. Only vote so you can get free taxpayer, cell phone.
    If you are not paying into the system, you shouldn't be allowed to vote till you get a job.

VIP Member
    Exactly, what are we paying into? Is this like a membership fee in a HOA? I did not know you have to have a membership to vote. Oh wait, you do...it is called citizenship.
    Sunztu, you missed the whole point of this post. Proof of citizenship is no longer required.

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I agree. People who don't pay income tax shouldn't be allowed to vote for those who will be making income tax policies.
    You do realize they make other laws and policies right? LGBT issues, GUN issues, immigration policy, foriegn policy and possible wars we get ourselves into...which BTW...they might have to fight if there were a draft.

Sunztu, you missed the whole point of this post. Proof of citizenship is no longer required.
    Yes, I did get it. Somehow you feel that proof of citizenship is not enough to exercise your right to vote. You must be paying taxes also. I did not stray from the topic, rather replied to you and others that did.

That is my say and I will let it go.

You do realize they make other laws and policies right? LGBT issues, GUN issues, immigration policy, foriegn policy and possible wars we get ourselves into...which BTW...they might have to fight if there were a draft.
    Of course I realize that. That doesn't change my opinion though.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links