Kids Vandalize House - Guy That Catches Them To Be Charged

Kids Vandalize House - Guy That Catches Them To Be Charged

This is a discussion on Kids Vandalize House - Guy That Catches Them To Be Charged within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Guy catches 2 kids vandalizing - big time vandalizing - his dad's house. Locks them in a closet until the cops get there. Guy is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Kids Vandalize House - Guy That Catches Them To Be Charged

VIP Member

Angry Kids Vandalize House - Guy That Catches Them To Be Charged

Guy catches 2 kids vandalizing - big time vandalizing - his dad's house. Locks them in a closet until the cops get there. Guy is facing child endangerment charges. Kids are lucky it was in NY. Parents say guy threatened them with a hammer, could have been a gun in any freedom loving state. Justice gone wild.

NY man who says 4 kids vandalized home is charged
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

this is NY for you. they all crazy. 40k of damage!! im not that old 43 but if I did that as a kid, worst thing that would happen to me is if that guy marched me to my dad!!!!!! please, police, take me!!!!

But im sure the parents will fight against it and wha wha...meanwhile this guy is screwed. Not far from us here in central NY / western ny area.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Broken doors, broken windows, graffiti. $40K in damage. Things are expensive in NY. I can build a whole house not including the cost of the land for that.

Those kids need a whooping. IMO.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    They were 8 and 10 years old, not teens, however that makes it even more frightening IMO.

How do little kids, at such a young age, have so much animosity? How do they even think of something like this say nothing of carrying it out? I bet their parents are a real piece of work.

Scary little Sociopaths in the making. I hope their parents are made to pay damages since obviously the "kids" don't have the kind of money it's going to take to repay this guy.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Fixed the teen reference - changed to kids. I bet the parents can't pay to fix this either. Probably insured, so we all get to pay for it in premiums - oh joy!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    "Bowler said Daniels grabbed the neck of one of his sons and left a mark. He said that his boys are traumatized and that Daniels should have faced more charges."

All part of the downward spiral...
    TVJ, lionround, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Now matter how much you would want to do this, it is a really bad idea. The guy knew who the kids were, there is no reason to hold them for the police, you can just tell the police who it was.
    Phaedrus likes this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    If I had been caught doing that, it would not have been the guy with a hammer I feared. There's nothing he might have done that would have been close to what dear old Mom would have had in mind. The most effective punishment for a lot of kids these days is a good smack in the mouth for both parents.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

At 8 years old all I wanted to get into was a ball game or a mess of fish at the ponds and bayous around the house. If I'd committed a felonious act like that with a couple of my buddies my dad would've told the homeowner to whoop my butt..... then he'd whoop me afterwards. I knew that so I was 'motivated' to stay outta trouble. Different time.

Those parents are liable so their gonna have to pay up for this. As for charging the homeowner, I don't know NY state law but it may be illegal to detain suspects, regardless of age. Common sense ain't too common anymore so the 'authorities' will make an example of this guy. Sad.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    If this guy gets charged with anything I hope the outrage of NYers would be so strong that the law would be changed.
    The little brats weren't hurt and they were caught red handed. I probably wouldn't have locked them in a closet, but I don't begrudge this guy for doing it either.

Can you imagine what they'll be doing when they're teens?
    msgt/ret and NONAME762 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Push for a jury trial, pray for jury nullification.
    niks and NONAME762 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Hard to believe that this is the U.S. its sounds more like a report from the U.K....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Now matter how much you would want to do this, it is a really bad idea. The guy knew who the kids were, there is no reason to hold them for the police, you can just tell the police who it was.
    Words can not express how tired I am of this kind of enabling attitude. Yep kids, y'all just run along home now. Make sure that when the nice policeman comes to the door that you and your fine upstanding parents admit what you've done and everything will be just fine.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    If this guy gets charged with anything I hope the outrage of NYers would be so strong that the law would be changed.
    The little brats weren't hurt and they were caught red handed. I probably wouldn't have locked them in a closet, but I don't begrudge this guy for doing it either.

Can you imagine what they'll be doing when they're teens?
    I agree. It is not like he waited til the next day to call the cops, they were called concurrent with his going over to the house.

WOW!!!! thats just crazy. People just dont watch their kids like they used to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links