D-Day Oklahoma

This is a discussion on D-Day Oklahoma within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I got back home from it about 1am Sunday morning after spending all week there. For those of you unfamiliar, this is the world's largest ...

Thread: D-Day Oklahoma

D-Day Oklahoma

I got back home from it about 1am Sunday morning after spending all week there. For those of you unfamiliar, this is the world's largest paintball event with 2-3 hours battles Monday through Friday, and then on Saturday an 8-hour game simulating the D-Day invasion. Players are assigned units such as 82nd Airborne, 1st ID, 6th Fallschirmjagers etc. and assigned different tasks. There are simulated beaches: Sword, Omaha and Utah, mock towns like Caen, Colleville and Ste. Mere Eglise, "tanks" and anti-tank gunners, the whole shebang.

This year there were about 1800-2000 players, we've been a bit low on numbers the last couple years. My first year there were about 3800 players.

Anyone else go? What's your unit? I always come back with good stories.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

I haven't heard of this before sounds like an interesting tribute to great men. How do I get involved?

VIP Member
    That sounds pretty freakin' awesome....

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Is there a website with more info?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

The website is D-Day Adventure Park | Home of the World's Largest Paintball Event. They also do a few other events like Red Dawn and Black Hawk Down. D-Day though is by far the largest. When not doing paintball events they are an off-road park.

Sign-up for next year has probably already started. You will need to use your own gear, there are no rentals. However there are always vendors there who are more than willing to sell equipment. To take part you just head to the sign-up and register. For the next several months you'll be able to pick Axis or Allies and choose your unit. If you're not from the US, I'd suggest signing up for the Commonwealth. They have guys from Canada, the UK, France, Australia... There's one cut-off date after which you only get to choose Axis or Allies and they pick your unit, then a second cut-off after which you get what you get. Registration this year was $85 and paint was $65/case.

It's a ton of fun, this was my fifth year. There are mini games every day - this year two each day actually, a night game, speedball pretty much any time, and obstacle course and other stuff. This year the Allies won. Different objectives are scored at different times during the day and the winner is the side with the most points. You can find quite a bit of video on youtube of different events.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Links