What is this inane fasciation with the Wally World Walk?

This is a discussion on What is this inane fasciation with the Wally World Walk? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Why has walking through Walmart been elevated to some sort of concealed carry pilgrimage???? Why does it matter where you go your "first time?" And ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: What is this inane fasciation with the Wally World Walk?

VIP Member

Why has walking through Walmart been elevated to some sort of concealed carry pilgrimage????

Why does it matter where you go your "first time?" And why is there some significance attached to Wally World?

I can't remember what I did or where I went when I first carried. I used to remember, but I have forgotten, and it's not that big of deal.

Don't mean to whiz in anybody's Wheaties, but it's driving me nuts. I just don't get it. Help me understand.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

It is a right of passage. Like drinking the blood of the first deer you shoot....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I'm guessing it's a public place where you can walk around and no one will pay attention to you

VIP Member
    I thought it was a reference to shopping.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I thought it was a reference to shopping.
    Oh it is. When you get your carry permit. Go to Wally world walk around with your piece and buy some nachos and ammo if you can find it. And yup its a right of passage to new carriers. Just dont know how this all got started but hey roll with it. Stay safe and carry on.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Pretty much any time we go into town we go to WM. Plus, we know it's gun-friendly and a pretty low-key first outing.

I just thought it was widely known point of reference. Like if someone in Huntsville, AL says they carried for the first time at a Bruno's, someone in Colorado might not get the reference. I think it's more a way of saying "I carried for the first time today!" I'm sure almost everyone who carries can relate to carrying in a large, busy store for the first time. Wal-Mart just happens to be the most common large, busy store in the U.S. Plus, for some of us, it's just funny. I actually started a thread about my "100th time" carrying there as a way to poke a little fun.

I does not take much to thrill some people.
    Jerry

Have you seen some of the people at Walmart?? What better place for a new CCer to go and not worry if he prints or accidentally exposes his CCW.

when the obese man in a pink leotard walks by, everybody will be looking at him and not you...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Familiarity would be my guess. It's a gun friendly place that is found pretty much everywhere that everybody has access to and can relate to.

I always wondered about the fascination also. What ever floats someones boat.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I always wondered about the fascination also. What ever floats someones boat.
    I think some are trying to sink boats
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    With the world that we live in today and the fact that we feel that there is a need to carry a gun to protect ourselves is a pretty serious matter. For me, the Wally World Walk just puts a little "fun" in a very serious endeavor. No real significance.

Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    It is a right of passage. Like drinking the blood of the first deer you shoot....
    Well gentlemen the first time I drank hot deer blood was so long ago I don't barely remember where we were. We sure as heck weren't nowhere's near a Wal Mart Not only that but many of these whipper snappers here at DC hadn't even been born yet
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Possible Answer #1 - Because too many newbies tried carrying for the first time at the post office and we never heard from them again.

Possible Answer #2 - Where better to go the first time with a good possibility you'll need to actually use your weapon to escape the weirdos.

Possible Answer #3 - Because carrying at Burger King is not nearly as exciting.

Possible Answer #4 - Because that's where the hockey players go after kicking a field goal in the bottom of the 9th to win the match.
    sixgun, Badey, AZJD1968 and 4 others like this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links