I Need A New Search Engine that's NOT GOOGLE...

This is a discussion on I Need A New Search Engine that's NOT GOOGLE... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Now that AMERICA knows Google is sending everything we search for to Obummers NSA, CIA, FBI and probably who the Hell knows where else I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: I Need A New Search Engine that's NOT GOOGLE...

Cool I Need A New Search Engine that's NOT GOOGLE...

Now that AMERICA knows Google is sending everything we search for to Obummers NSA, CIA, FBI and probably who the Hell knows where else I need OTHER Search Engines I could use that won't Rat Me Out to Intel gathering networks. Anyone here got an answer for me? I know some of you young people gotta know... I appeal to y'all for your expertise in this regard. Gracia Amigos
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

2. Remove Ads

My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Google "search engines"...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Good luck with that.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Maybe bing.com. But I doubt Microsoft is much better on the "ratting you out" angle.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Try the Dewey Decimal system at the library.
    msgt/ret and woodrow like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I use Bing a good bit.That said,you have no way of knowing,who gives out what info,anymore.

It is amazing what you can find with Google....LMAO

5 Alternative Search Engines That Respect Your Privacy
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    If you don't think that ALL search engines are forking over their information, you are fooling yourself. The reality is that you are safe unless they already have you targeted for some reason. There are about 213 million web searches done every day, unless you are on someone's radar you are just getting lost in the torrent of data.
    Curzyk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    There are about 213 million web searches done every day, unless you are on someone's radar you are just getting lost in the torrent of data.
    I'm willing to bet that's a very serious underestimate of the number of searches. There are more than 200 million computer users in the US alone, and most of the ones I know do multiple searches a day.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Try Yippy.com - Yippy Search Engine

From their privacy site:

Are you a dog?

'Cause we really have no idea...

In the web's early days, search engines didn't care whether you were animal or human, as conveyed in this classic New Yorker cartoon. How times have changed!

Now search engines want to know you very well indeed: your queries, the pages you visit, the books you buy, the email you send, your age, sex, zip code, etc. etc. This new world order is an inviting target of snoops or agencies that want to analyze, censor, or monitor you. Since we take great steps to provide our users with the safest possible environment, the need for tracking is not necessary.

So to all the good people on God’s earth, we say "Surf and search away, all the time, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. We trust you will love Yippy and all the services we offer. We are proud to be Americans: One Nation Under God."
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

I found Duck Duck Go. Works goot.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Try Yippy.com - Yippy Search Engine

From their privacy site:

Are you a dog?

'Cause we really have no idea...

In the web's early days, search engines didn't care whether you were animal or human, as conveyed in this classic New Yorker cartoon. How times have changed!

Now search engines want to know you very well indeed: your queries, the pages you visit, the books you buy, the email you send, your age, sex, zip code, etc. etc. This new world order is an inviting target of snoops or agencies that want to analyze, censor, or monitor you. Since we take great steps to provide our users with the safest possible environment, the need for tracking is not necessary.

So to all the good people on God’s earth, we say "Surf and search away, all the time, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. We trust you will love Yippy and all the services we offer. We are proud to be Americans: One Nation Under God."
    I like the sound of this LR...Yippy.com sounds way cool.

I've been on t

VIP Member
    There are those out there that offer better privacy, but they are not as well-funded and therefore have not indexed the web as well as the ones that are more intrusive. As with most things in life, it's a compromise.

I've been using 'Bing' these days.

Google is dead to me.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I found Duck Duck Go. Works goot.
    I've been using DuckDuckGo for a few days now after seeing the developer on FOX explaining that he has not and will not share info without court order.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links