Heat wave

Heat wave

This is a discussion on Heat wave within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We saw our highest temperature of the year 109 F at 4500'. Ain't quite as hot as Phoenix, 119 Friday, I was working in southern ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Heat wave

Heat wave

We saw our highest temperature of the year 109 F at 4500'.

Ain't quite as hot as Phoenix, 119

Friday, I was working in southern Utah, it was a comfy 115

Vegas is 2 hrs away, they hit a record with 117

Stay out of the heat, have lots of refreshing, frosty beverages...

Ain't fit for man or beast out there

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    110+ in the Mohave Desert was enough for me last year. No thanks.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

For some reason, NC hasn't gotten too hot this year and June is pretty much over. I don't think we've even reached 95 degrees yet. Hope it stays like this for two more months!
    Semper Fi til I Die

Glock 29 10mm

Distinguished Member
    Not quite 117, but we'll be hovering around 110 in my parts for the next few days.

After 109 it doesn't really matter that much. It's just too hot. Last Summer it got up to 126 one day I happened to be riding around on the bike. Didn't really feel much different than 110.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

108* in Tucson right now, was outside for the last 2 hours. It's a dry heat
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

100 degrees is uncomfortable.........32 degrees is MISERABLE. I'll take the heat over the cold every time.
    thephanatik and zacii like this.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    100 degrees is uncomfortable.........32 degrees is MISERABLE. I'll take the heat over the cold every time.
    I disagree. I can always put more clothes on, but I ain't a nudist. Below 50 for me is tolerable, above 90 is not. I hate heat, especially humid heat. At least you're dry in AZ. Out in the east, 80% humidity adds about 10 degrees to the mind. We had 103 highs this past thursday with a heat index of 117. I can't wait for October.
    Something witty

Exact opposite for me. I haven't even owned a winter coat since I was 12. And I'm useless in the summer. And I think I coined the phrase "I'm sweating like its 40 degrees out"

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Our heat wave was last week; highs up to 80! This week is back to normal; 68-72 highs.

Both are tee shirt weather in MI
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I am really sorry I am trying to start a thread and I am in distress as I learned this morning that 19 fire fighters died yesterday and as the tears run down my face I can't seem to put in proper place so bare with me. These were young men and women and many I knew so if you could say a prayer for the families and if you have a flag maybe drop it to half mast. The way they died is terrible as it was last ditch when you pull the fire shelter and you pray the fire passes you by but when it does not the 200 plus heat cooks your lungs. These were my extended family and there was nothing I could do to protect them so please wish them Gods speed as they gave all. Thank you and I hope I am not to far out of place.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    For some reason, NC hasn't gotten too hot this year and June is pretty much over. I don't think we've even reached 95 degrees yet. Hope it stays like this for two more months!
    The extended forecast for Accuweather says that much of July should be about ~80F for a daytime high, which is well below normal.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    We saw our highest temperature of the year 109 F at 4500'.

Ain't quite as hot as Phoenix, 119

Friday, I was working in southern Utah, it was a comfy 115

Vegas is 2 hrs away, they hit a record with 117

Stay out of the heat, have lots of refreshing, frosty beverages...

Ain't fit for man or beast out there

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    But it's a dry heat.....so it isn't that really hot!

People used to tell me that all the time when I lived in SW OK. 105-115 with a 20-30 MPH wind was like living in a blast furnace. At the time I was doing aircraft maintenance. The heat rising from the tarmac was 15+ degrees hotter. Was nothing to go up inside a closed up airplane and the temp gauges would be pegged out at 180 degrees.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    But it's a dry heat.....so it isn't that really hot!

People used to tell me that all the time when I lived in SW OK. 105-115 with a 20-30 MPH wind was like living in a blast furnace. At the time I was doing aircraft maintenance. The heat rising from the tarmac was 15+ degrees hotter. Was nothing to go up inside a closed up airplane and the temp gauges would be pegged out at 180 degrees.
    I don't buy into the "dry heat" as much as most folks, but there is a substantial difference. Even in the shade with a breeze, a humid 100 is hot. However a dry 100, in the shade, with a breeze ain't that bad to me.
    Something witty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links