Almost went to hell yesterday.....

This is a discussion on Almost went to hell yesterday..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So the wife and I were exiting the liquor store, I had my 30 pack, and she had her wine. As soon as we got ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Almost went to hell yesterday.....

Almost went to hell yesterday.....

So the wife and I were exiting the liquor store, I had my 30 pack, and she had her wine.

As soon as we got outside, our priest from our church was getting out of his car he was wearing
    his black robe and collar; I told the wife, "we're going to hell honey", father said, "hello Patrick", I said "hello Father"
    as he was looking at our liquor purchase. I ASSUMED he was going into the subway or maybe
    the grocery store.....as I was loading up my trunk, I watched as he went straight into the
    liquor store!!! The wife said, "maybe he's just getting a soda?" We sat there and he came out carrying a case
    of Budweiser..... we laughed our butts off!!

R.M.G.O.-Member
    NRA-Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    funny

Funny indeed

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

Jack Handey
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    "Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

Jack Handey
    Yes, this year, untold numbers of children of beverage industry employees have missed their freshman year of college because I quit drinking nineteen years ago. Tragic.
    Brad426 and maxwell97 like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

You know Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine at a wedding!
    GeorgiaDawg and JoJoGunn like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Right before they played "Electric Slide" if I remember my scripture correctly.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Whatever gave you the idea people "of the cloth" didn't drink? My only observation was he didn't have good taste in beer.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    We had a Chaplin accompany us on a westbound mission once, everyone on the crew felt a bit intimidated until we got to Clark AB and we ran into him in one of the bars. We were a bit surprised but his first comment was “Well I don’t sit in my room reading the bible all the time” come to find out after we relaxed a bit he was quite enjoyable to travel with.
    OldVet and JoJoGunn like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Do you really care what the preacher/pastor/priest/rabbi thinks?
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Somehow, I worked in a rectory for a short time in high school. They were all VERY heavy drinkers. What else is there to do, really? At least it kept them off their feet and out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Right before they played "Electric Slide" if I remember my scripture correctly.
    Then the guy who requested the chicken dance was smote. (Smitten, smited?)
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post

Jack Handey
    Times are tough.... Now is not the time to be self centered; only thinking about your self. Just remember the sacrifice you make is for the kids.
    maxwell97 likes this.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

A priest walks into a liquor store...
    JoJoGunn and chief8991 like this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post

And bartenders always got upset when he just ordered a water.
    CanuckQue likes this.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links