Inappropriate use of US flag likeness?

This is a discussion on Inappropriate use of US flag likeness? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Inappropriate use of US flag likeness? I know some folks think so: img_394.jpg...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Inappropriate use of US flag likeness?

Inappropriate use of US flag likeness?

Inappropriate use of US flag likeness? I know some folks think so:

img_394.jpg
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

Only if it's cherries jubilee and you set it on fire...
    atctimmy and maxwell97 like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member
    A tribute to America and our favorite national pastime. Eating. This is a great country. Great looking dessert.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    United States Flag Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I looked at the Flag Code and could not find any category that this fit in to that was prohibited. I still would not want to the person with the knife cutting our flag into pieces. Just sayin'.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Anyone....I have a question that I can not find anywhere. When we talk about the US Flag Code, what is the definiton of "flag"? I would have assumed it would be defined in the US Code but it is not there (unless I totally missed it).

Is a U.S. "flag" one that has 13 stripes and 50 stars (present day)? If so then stars and stripes bikinis and clothes would fit that definiton. If that is a definition then eating a cake like the one above (I think it has 50 blueberries) fits the desription more so than other things.

Just curious.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

LionRound said it pretty well. I wouldn't want to be that guy either.

OldnFat has an upbeat view I could agree with too perhaps. It's one of those tricky situations. And Lord knows how I love to eat. Especially at 4th of July Picnics, Keggers or BBQs.

It kinda falls under that Damned if you do, Damned if you don't category. Tho everything being equal I would rather see this rather than some buttmunch illegal setting Old Glory on fire and then stomping it after throwing it on the ground. I've seen videos of people doing just that and it really put me off. Really makes me wanna knock someones brains out.

Generally I'm a peaceful guy but some stuff I just can't turn the other cheek.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Do you mean a Canon Camera or a real Cannon??
    keep Back.jpg

Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Anyone....I have a question that I can not find anywhere. When we talk about the US Flag Code, what is the definiton of "flag"? I would have assumed it would be defined in the US Code but it is not there (unless I totally missed it).

Is a U.S. "flag" one that has 13 stripes and 50 stars (present day)? If so then stars and stripes bikinis and clothes would fit that definiton. If that is a definition then eating a cake like the one above (I think it has 50 blueberries) fits the desription more so than other things.

Just curious.
    My ex girlfriend had a flag bikini. Don't worry, I took it off of her.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It would probably fall under one of these two categories:

The flag should not be used for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
    • The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard.
    {emphasis added}

I would have no objection to a flag cake as it is not meant as a manner of disrespect--unless used in a food fight.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It would probably fall under one of these two categories:

The flag should not be used for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
    • The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard.
    {emphasis added}

I would have no objection to a flag cake as it is not meant as a manner of disrespect--unless used in a food fight.
    What about if a youth sports team wants to wear a flag patch? I had someone complain about my sons team which wore the flag patch.? It was done out of respect though some might say they were wearing it as part of a sports uniform. I think that is as, or more, tasteful (pun intended) than eating the flag.

WWII Paratroopers had a US Flag on the shoulder of their combat uniforms. Our guys still do but in OD. I knew guys what had the Flag on their militia BDU's.

I got NO PROBLEM with that.

I think the US Flag patch Suntzu's son's had on a sports team jersey is A-OK in my book.

The people that griped to Suntzu sound like Commies to me. Let them go crying to someone that gives a hoot. That AIN'T ME.

Tell those people to go eat cake or go to H E double hockey sticks Suntzu.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    WWII Paratroopers had a US Flag on the shoulder of their combat uniforms. Our guys still do but in OD. I knew guys what had the Flag on their militia BDU's.

I got NO PROBLEM with that.
    And that is authorized under federal law.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Desecration of the flag only applies to residents of Washington D.C. according to United States Code Title 4 Section 3.

4 USC § 3 - Use of flag for advertising purposes; mutilation of flag | Title 4 - Flag and Seal, Seat Of Government, and The States | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

My own personal view of the flag is that it is a symbol of one of the most oppressive and tyrannical regimes in the history of the world. It is a symbol of oppression, slavery, bigotry, human rights violations, and genocide that has been committed by the government of the United States. Some of you may disagree with my point of view, but that is your right as it is my right to hold the view I have.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    That is not a "flag". That is a yummy looking cake with the likeness of a flag on it. All I can say is save me a piece.
    blitzburgh and GunTrooper like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriot1776 View Post
    My own personal view of the flag is that it is a symbol of one of the most oppressive and tyrannical regimes in the history of the world. It is a symbol of oppression, slavery, bigotry, human rights violations, and genocide that has been committed by the government of the United States. Some of you may disagree with my point of view, but that is your right as it is my right to hold the view I have.
    Wow...just, wow...no words for how much I disagree, but you're correct, it's your right to hold that view. Thank goodness you live in the most oppressive and tyrannical "regimes" in the world or you would be imprisoned or executed for saying that.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links