How are you going to celebrate the 4th?

This is a discussion on How are you going to celebrate the 4th? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not going up north for the 4th this year. So we will hit the kid parade even thou my kids are moved out. Say hi ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: How are you going to celebrate the 4th?

VIP Member

How are you going to celebrate the 4th?

Not going up north for the 4th this year. So we will hit the kid parade even thou my kids are moved out. Say hi to the neighbors and then quick trip to the range to fire my M1D Garand and my S&W500 ( annual thing for last 5 years), then some watch some fireworks on the lake, enjoy a few adult beverages ( well after the range trip) It is great to be an American.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Local minor league ballgame and its fireworks display is sold out, so I'm not sure what I'm doing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I was originally going to simply post "blowin' stuff up" but decided I should probably elaborate. I will be engaging in the timeless tradition that is setting off fireworks.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

My girlfriend and I will be spending the morning/afternoon at the beach (weather permitting) and watching a boat parade in Murrels Inlet, SC afterwards. Then it's back to the house to wash up and head over to my parent's house to meet up with the rest of the family for a cook out, do some shooting, have a little firework show at our house, then off to the beach's firework show come dark:30.

God bless and stay safe out there ladies and gentleman, there's gonna be a lot of drunken idiots out on the road! We always think self defense, it's a good time to think about and exercise our defensive driving, too.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Family reunion on my wife's side in Minnesota. Might take my pistols though and try to find a decent local range to take a couple of her cousins to.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

With a look at the stars and a thanks to the creator for the brave men that fought for our freedom....

Then its to the store for some beers, and a piece of beast for the smoker.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Local minor league ballgame and its fireworks display is sold out, so I'm not sure what I'm doing.
    Firework show being sold out? That's a first for me!

Enjoy and be safe!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    With the in-laws side of family (good people), watching fireworks on the beach and then afterwards letting the kids chase crabs along the beach while adorned with glow-sticks. One of my nieces will likely belt out a talented rendition of "Proud to be an American".
    NONAME762 and blitzburgh like this.

Distinguished Member
    I'll be at work.

Our office is pretty short-handed, so I'm working weekends and holidays to take up the slack. I will be taking Sunday afternoon off to drive 500 miles for my sons baptism, though.

Work - workdays are for keeping up with the competition, holidays and weekends are for getting ahead!

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Last year,we hung out on the beach,and,pretended,to play volleyball.We hope to do it this year,weather permitting.

VIP Member
    Good Lord willing and the creeks don’t raise much more I think I may just take the Garand and the M1A to the range.
    NONAME762, blitzburgh and WHEC724 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Going to my niece's house for a mini family reunion. Hamburgers, hotdogs, macaroni salad, watermelon etc. There will be lots of people and should be fun. I hope it doesn't rain.

blitzburgh, WHEC724 and tdave like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Going to spend time with my wifes family. Her uncle has a heated pool & a crazy BBQ Grill system. He is an amazing BBQ chef.

A neighbor of ours is a wholesale fireworks distributor. We met him last 4th and he invited us back for this 4th since he needs "more lighters." He stocks up on propane torches to light multiple rockets at once and has 3-5 people lighting barrages at once. Pretty well organized for a street-side display and everyone is in goggles and safety is stressed heavily.
    NONAME762, blitzburgh and WHEC724 like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    I wonder how people in NYC celebrate the 4th now that Bloomberg has sucked the joy out of life. No fireworks, no sodas, no fat food. I wonder if they can stick their heads out the window and wave little flags? Probably not, you could put your eye out with one of those.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links