stitches???

stitches???

This is a discussion on stitches??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My kids and I were just goofing around and my oldest son decided to hit me with a pillow. Unfortunately he was standing on the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: stitches???

VIP Member

stitches???

My kids and I were just goofing around and my oldest son decided to hit me with a pillow. Unfortunately he was standing on the bed and as he swung he brought the glass light fixture right down on my head. It was the big glass platter looking thing and it cut the top of my dome pretty good.

You should have seen the look on the kids faces. When the glass crashed they got scared. We all stopped and I was looking at each kid to see if they were hurt. I started feeling something wet running off of my head and I realized I might be hurt.

BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!! Man were the kids scared when the blood started running down off of my face/head like it was from a faucet. I was trying to keep them calm and act relaxed. I used my shirt to stop the blood and all ended up OK.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

When my kids do something that hurts me I pretend I'm dead until they scream with fear. You know, just to teach them a lesson.

Hope you're okay... luckily it wasn't a vital area that was hurt.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    When my kids do something that hurts me I pretend I'm dead until they scream with fear. You know, just to teach them a lesson.

Hope you're okay... luckily it wasn't a vital area that was hurt.
    LOL, that's not nice.

One of my kids did say "Don't die Daddy!" They were pretty scared and I felt kind of bad for them. Now I feel bad for me cause my head hurts. : )
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That would have been a great time to go into a zombie act!
    Darrow75, NONAME762 and WHEC724 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    As your doctor I advise you to put alcohol on that wound.....

From the inside

VIP Member
    Glad it was minor, it’s amazing just how much a facial or scalp cut will bleed.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    So this is what happens when your wife leaves you in charge of the kids for a couple of hours while she goes grocery shopping?

Lucky for you it was you bleeding and not one of the kids.

Do you need stitches or are you going to gut it out and let it heal by itself?
    NONAME762, atctimmy and Brad426 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    When we were kids we would wrestle around with my dad , and my mom would always say someone is going to get hurt .....................She was right All of the time , get an eye poke , knock over a coffee table .Those were the days . LOL
    atctimmy, OldVet and NONAME762 like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Hey, you are at least interacting with your kids, many parents shuttle them off out of sight and they wonder why their kids turn out on the bad side of life.

You wear that wound proudly, you are DAD and that makes the best statement, well even with blood running down like Niagara Falls, you still are Dad.

It could have been much worse.
    atctimmy and locotest like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    My kids and I were just goofing around and my oldest son decided to hit me with a pillow. Unfortunately he was standing on the bed and as he swung he brought the glass light fixture right down on my head. It was the big glass platter looking thing and it cut the top of my dome pretty good.

You should have seen the look on the kids faces. When the glass crashed they got scared. We all stopped and I was looking at each kid to see if they were hurt. I started feeling something wet running off of my head and I realized I might be hurt.

BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!! Man were the kids scared when the blood started running down off of my face/head like it was from a faucet. I was trying to keep them calm and act relaxed. I used my shirt to stop the blood and all ended up OK.
    Now you know why some species eat their young. Head wounds bleed like a stuck pig. There are a LOT of small capillaries near the surface of the skin, so a even a small nick looks like a grissly murder scene. Hope you heal up fast!

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    So this is what happens when your wife leaves you in charge of the kids for a couple of hours while she goes grocery shopping?

Lucky for you it was you bleeding and not one of the kids.

Do you need stitches or are you going to gut it out and let it heal by itself?
    No real man gets stitches....

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    No real man gets stitches....

Ace
    Once, years ago, I got stitches without any local anesthetic. I learned that day that I NEVER wanted to be a "real man" again. When the doc asks me if I want a shot to numb the pain I say "Yes please!".

ETA: I did not need stitches this time around. We got the bleeding stopped and it wasn't too bad.

That'll be a great story to tell their kids once you're a grandpa.
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    and my mom would always say someone is going to get hurt .....................She was right All of the time , get an eye poke , knock over a coffee table .Those were the days . LOL
    At our house the Number One Rule was No playing with Balls in the house. Every time something got broken I'd hear my Mom moaning...I can't have any nice things.

It's the Same Rule in MY HOUSE. Only had to enforce that rule 2 times in 25+years. In that time those friends of mine kept their kids outta my house. Sucks to be them.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    As your doctor I advise you to put alcohol on that wound.....

From the inside
    Now that would be a great remedy!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links