My Best Shot Ever

This is a discussion on My Best Shot Ever within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was cleaning out the garage and found a relic from my best shot ever. This was about 15 years ago. I popped the primer ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: My Best Shot Ever

My Best Shot Ever

I was cleaning out the garage and found a relic from my best shot ever. This was about 15 years ago. I popped the primer out of a 12 gauge shell with a 10/22, open sights, offhand, standing, 50 yards.

Edit: it was a spent shell.

I couldn't do it again if I tried, but it's a nice reminder of a great day at the range.

.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372882583.928246.jpg

What was your best shot ever?
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

2. Remove Ads

Was 13 years old, with my friend's 22, knocked a can off a fence post at 400 yards, standing, off hand. Was total luck...
    Badey likes this.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Shot a bird on the wing with my Daisy BB gun. Wish I could have done as well with my shotgun.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I hit a miracle three-pointer to win a YMCA league game once. It was like 35 feet at the buzzer.
    Badey likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I watched my buddy drop a flying canada goose with a Glock 22, craziest thing I've ever seen
    Gutsy move acknowledging the witnessing of a federal violation on an open forum.

Office of Law Enforcement - Waterfowl Hunting and Baiting

Illegal hunting methods. You cannot hunt waterfowl:
    • With a trap, snare, net, rifle, pistol, swivel gun, shotgun larger than 10 gauge, punt gun, battery gun, machine gun, fish hook, poison, drug, explosive, or stupefying substance.
    357and40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    Gutsy move acknowledging the witnessing of a federal violation on an open forum.

Office of Law Enforcement - Waterfowl Hunting and Baiting
    We had some folks in my neck of the woods tell the news about a turkey that flew through the window of their house, it busted things up a bit in the house so they killed it and ate it. The PA game commission showed up at the door and fined them for killing a turkey out of season.

I hit a lizard on a telephone poll with a dummy plug an a lews speed spool about 50 feet away testing a new rod.
    Badey and atctimmy like this.

Hit a perfect bullseye at the indoor range the second time my Grandfather took me out to shoot. It took me a while to realize I wasn't the best shot that ever lived and I couldn't replicate it anytime I really wanted.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I hit a cartrage from an inhaler at 25yd with my stevens 15A .22 bolt standing, off hand,ron sights. btw it was cool to see it fly thry the air.
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    .ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372882583.928246.jpg What was your best shot ever?
    Does this have to be a Real Life shot with weapon or sports related or is a phenomenal shot you made in a video game allowed??
    WINTEJER000 and 357and40 like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I hit a cartrage from an inhaler at 25yd with my stevens 15A .22 bolt standing, off hand,ron sights. btw it was cool to see it fly thry the air.
    Interesting! My best shot was with the same gun. My old man gave me his Stevens when I was six. When I was about 10 I shot a pencil clipped on my aunt's clothesline at 25 yards! My excitement was quickly tempered when I heard her shouting threats of bodily harm if I broke her clothesline!

Quote Originally Posted by locotest View Post
    We had some folks in my neck of the woods tell the news about a turkey that flew through the window of their house, it busted things up a bit in the house so they killed it and ate it. The PA game commission showed up at the door and fined them for killing a turkey out of season.
    They should have explained that they were invoking castle doctrine and fining the turkey for damage to their home.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    I've got a Steven, bolt, .22 as well, and if memory serves I think it was bought at Woolworths in the 1960s. I'm at my cabin, and it's in the safe, but I think it's a model 164? It has the same thin Tasco scope on it that it was purchased with, and it's still a tack driver.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    When I lived in Tucson my buddy and I were out in the desert plinking/ shooting jacks when one bolted about 75 yds in front of us. I snapped the 10/22 up,open sights and fired one shot and hit him in the head. Total and complete luck.

I would say mine was ringing a steel gong at 100 yards with my S&W m&p 9mm compact handgun. I didnt think I could do that with a compact. My second one was not a single shot but at our club we have a small swinging bridge we use for stages and I shot our texas star from the bridge with same gun and cleaned the star in 42 seconds and 21 rounds. Im happy with that.

Keep em coming guys and gals these sound pretty cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links