Slightly "off-topic": Emily Miller needs photos

This is a discussion on Slightly "off-topic": Emily Miller needs photos within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL. [Note: First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and “PVC” reference Philip Van Cleave, President ...

Thread: Slightly "off-topic": Emily Miller needs photos

VIP Member

Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL.

[Note: First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and “PVC” reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL] :

Emily Miller with the Washington Times needs photos of gun owners for new book!

Emily Miller sent me this:

Friends,

As most of you know, I'm writing my first book, which will be published by Regnery on Sept 3. The book, "Emily Gets Her Gun ... But Obama Wants to Take Yours," is about the political issues surrounding the national gun-control debate since the Newtown tragedy.

One of my objectives is to dispel the myths about the 100 million gun owners in America. While the media and politicians often demonize them, I know gun owners are the most responsible, law-abiding and patriotic citizens in our country. To show the diversity of gun owners, we're publishing a collage of photos in my book with real people holding their guns.

How can you help me?

1) Send a high-resolution photo of yourself (or your spouse or child) with your gun to EmilysGuns@gmail.com. We will not publish names with the photos, so this can be anonymous.

2) Spread the word! Forward this email to everyone you know who is a gun owner.

3) Post this link to Facebook and Twitter: Gun owners of America unite! Emily Miller is seeking photos of gun-toting patriots for her new book.

Thank you so much for supporting me. If you have any questions about the book, please contact Anna Dillon at Regnery (adillon@eaglepub.com or 202.677.4421).

Warm regards,

Emily

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).

VCDL is a non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Cool

I'd love to participate in this gal's endeavor for a couple reasons. I've read the Washington Times for quite a few years. It's a great Pro Freedom publication.

I've only been (as far as I know) mentioned in a book once and tho somewhat volatile I was proud as a peacock when I learned of this. I was also a wee bit paranoid at the time as well...but I'm STILL HERE and not part of the federal prisons system so....HUA

Lucky for me I spose since I don't know how to do all that stuff to add a photo so it ain't gonna happen.

I'd just want a specially crafted shot effectively disguising my face to bust the new facial recognition technology that Obummers minions have been working on.

Me, carrying my AK47 in full combat dress in a snazzy pose, perhaps standing on a UN flag that's on fire, something like that would be peachy keen and extra-ka-gi-frazzel-xp-alla-dotious and bodacious. (That funny sounding long word with all the hyphens is from the movie The Sound Of Music.

Happy Fourth Of JULY Everbody!!!!!!!!!!

HUA
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Guess I need to get the camera out; is there any kind of poses or types of guns she wants?
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Is this going to be one of those sexy-man calendars, like firemen sell?
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Is this going to be one of those sexy-man calendars, like firemen sell?
    If so then I do not qualify.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    If so then I do not qualify.
    Hey, I'm sure they get the benefit of Photoshop, why shouldn't we?
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links