Deceased ex-POW's "home made" US flag found in Naval Archives by son. Great story.

This is a discussion on Deceased ex-POW's "home made" US flag found in Naval Archives by son. Great story. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; World War II veteran's family tracks down symbol of courage - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News One of those prisoners is from Richmond and is ...

Thread: Deceased ex-POW's "home made" US flag found in Naval Archives by son. Great story.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Deceased ex-POW's "home made" US flag found in Naval Archives by son. Great story.

World War II veteran's family tracks down symbol of courage - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News

One of those prisoners is from Richmond and is featured in an iconic photo that shows he and his fellow captives being rescued. In that photo, James "Denny" Landrum is holding an immense American flag.
    POW flag.jpg
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

It was nice to see the MSM man up for a change and do the right thing with a human interest story like this one.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Great story. Thanks for sharing....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    Thanks for the post. I hope they succeed in getting it transferred to the VA War Memorial for display. I'd like to see it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links