Buying/Selling guns Via Social Media

This is a discussion on Buying/Selling guns Via Social Media within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Being in my early 20s I'm a member of few social sites. Over last few months i am seeing more of my "friends" using social ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr

Thread: Buying/Selling guns Via Social Media

Being in my early 20s I'm a member of few social sites. Over last few months i am seeing more of my "friends" using social media to buy/sell firearms. Kentucky is a state that private sale is legal, but what are your opinions of using social media as gun classifieds.

VIP Member
    If you trust the person and know what you are buying then why not? Know the law, be smart about it and go find some deals!!!

Cash is king. If you have a rainy day gun fund the deals will find you. If you are always using a credit card then you'll always pay more.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Since I would be classed as an Old Fart right here at DC is my Social Media. I just do F2F deals. I got to feel right about someone before I'll sell them a gun. I go with my gut feelings to determine if I'm gonna buy a gun. I only deal in Cash.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

It's little different than a posted sign on a telephone pole in your town. Newspaper classifieds, online classifieds, discussion forum buy/sell classifieds, auctions on GunBroker or GunsAmerica, etc. They're all simply a place to hear of a deal, or to meet a buyer. Still gotta comply with the FFL transfer requirements (if any), and all applicable laws. But other than meeting someone face-to-face whom you do not know or trust, really, it's little different than any other method. If concerned about meeting, go the route of FFL shop to FFL shop transfers. Either way, FTF or FFL-to-FFL, it can work easily. As with anything, confirm the other party's validity, confirm funds, confirm safe transfer. Same as always.

Have done face-to-face (FTF), buying and selling via GunBroker, and buying/selling via forum boards' classifieds. Bought a car, once, via electronic visibility of a distant newspaper's classified entry. All went very nicely, guns and cars. Just take normal and customary precautions.

That said, for many the prospects of government interference can be greatly reduced via FTF transfers and cash transactions. Much preferable, for many.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Two things that I think are key; 1. safety. I insist on SPEAKING to someone on the phone, prior to a meeting. I want to get a feel for the person. Meet in a public place, etc. 2. Legality: If they were to indicate they couldnt pass a background check, A. its illegal to sell to them, and B. I wont sell to them.
    ccw9mm likes this.

Links