Bass Pro :customer Goof Balls

This is a discussion on Bass Pro :customer Goof Balls within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So about a week ago i struck up a conversation in the gun section of Bass Pro . At the end of the conversation he ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bass Pro :customer Goof Balls

VIP Member

So about a week ago i struck up a conversation in the gun section of Bass Pro . At the end of the conversation he tells me about the 4th of July get the early and get some ammo . So at 8:45 am we get there and about 6 to 8 people are there . We are standing first at the disabled auto doors. and the others are at the regular doors . Well 9:00 am comes around and the clerk opens the auto doors first . And a guy screams like a idiot you are letting the Handi-capped people in first . Now we are with my son that is special needs and cannot walk a long distance so he is in a wheelchair . They (other people ) go running in front of the wheelchair to the gun counter . What a real shame people act this way in this world . It gives me a more clear vison if this country ever was in a bad way it would be a free for all . Sorry for my rant .
    goldshellback likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

It's already a free-for-all, isn't it?
    welder516 and technomonster like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Yes...........yes it will be a free for all and it won't be pretty.
    atctimmy, welder516 and WHEC724 like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Ten or fifteen years ago I joined the throng the Day After Thanksgiving to see what the hubbub was all about. You know, Black Friday. This was my first time doing this.

Never Again.
    welder516 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I've said it before. Replace ammo with another thing like food, water, gasoline. Compare the craziness of tracking down even 100 rounds of .22 LR (for a decent price) with finding a loaf of bread or gallon of milk. If it comes to that, we're screwed.
    welder516 likes this.

VIP Member
    Sadly Welder, I think you're illuminating the tip of the iceberg here.

We've all seen it. From the father with his family at Disney World who throws a tantrum when a handicapped person is brought to the front of the line, to the brawls at junior sports league games. I've seen good people who've led long, good ethical lives, steal from their closest friends, family and neighbors when they got squeezed in the last financial downturn.

These things are whimsical bumps in the road compared to the bad times that we are heading towards. The wheat is going to get sifted from the chaff, and it's going to get ugly.
    atctimmy and welder516 like this.

I remember reading in some book about people starving in the land of pleanty. Something about father against son and brother against brother. YES, it will be a free for all. For decades "They" have been setting our economy up for failure and the time of reckoning is near.

What would it take for Americans to submit to a New World Order? Total financial collapse. Mass chaos and anarchy worse than any current third world nation. Unfortunatly my children most likely won't have the a carefree childhood like I did. I'm doing my best to make sure they don't have to experiance starvation or worse though.

This ammo "shortage" was a joke. Wait till the grocery store shelves go bare. People will turn into animals. If you think your food storage is adequate I challenge you to a 48 hour fast and then reevaluate the importance of food storage. You don't have to go broke "prepping". At a minimum everybody has the ability to get a camp stove, fule, and bulk beans and rice. 50 lbs of rice goes for about $20 and 50lbs of beans for $40. Stored properly they will last years and if you need them they would be the best beans and rice you ever ate.

Of course you need a way to protect the food and your family, that's how I found this site. Our society takes a great many things for granted and a rude awaking may be around the corner for many. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    right after the tsunami hit japan on 2011. life was living hell for the survivors, but instead of price gauging the stores gave out free food and water, there was no looting whatsoever people lined up and waited their turn to receive food and supplies. the unattended vending machines were set to give out free drinks and snacks but no one took more then they needed. perhaps we can learn a few things from the Japanese people.

Orderly disaster reaction in line with deep cultural roots ? This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Where are the Japanese looters? | Washington Times Communities

good luck with that in the US during any disaster. while on the opposite side of the earth and had minimal risk of radiation, the US bought up the worlds supply of iodine and greed-bayers were selling 15 dollar packs of radiation pill for 400 bucks without shame.
    welder516 likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member
    "And a guy screams like a idiot you are letting the Handi-capped people in first."

The screamer was the idiot in this picture. Shame on him.
    goldshellback, welder516 and niks like this.

Obama's hope and change isn't working out so well.
    welder516 likes this.

So people who could get to a limited supply product quicker than others, well, got there quicker than others? Color me surprised.
    welder516 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    All of the responses i agree with , i think i'll start my prepper stock-pile , dig my bunker . Thanks for letting me bend your ears.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Courtesy and morality are near-extinct human traits.
    welder516 and niks like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

In this case, "Goofball" is a very charitable term.
    technomonster and welder516 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    In my experience, people like your son teach the rest of us amazing lessons in life. In return, we only give him lessons like you saw at Bass Pro. He'll probably need to reside himself with high moral character, while I apologize for the rest of us.

Thank your son for reminding us what is truly important.
    welder516 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links