Seventy-two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston!

This is a discussion on Seventy-two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Boston – National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Seventy-two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston!

Boston – National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.
    The rest of the story here:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

And the Trap Springs Shut!! Caught one!!!!!!!!
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Well done! We may have come 237 years since then, but we really haven't made much progress. The question is - are we ready today to fight for our rights the same way our founding fathers and original patriots were?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    I hope that past,never becomes the present,and especially not in my neck of the woods

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    The thing that people need to understand that at that time they had no legal authority to own those firearms. At that time they were part of the British Empire and the laws were set in London. The reality is that the people were criminals at that time. But these incidents were also the reason the 2nd Amendment was written. To protect future US Citizens from the same thing happening.
    Ghost1958 and SwordMaster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    Well done! We may have come 237 years since then, but we really haven't made much progress. The question is - are we ready today to fight for our rights the same way our founding fathers and original patriots were?
    Except that they didn't have that right, until we created it with the 2nd Amendment. Now we have that right.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Except that they didn't have that right, until we created it with the 2nd Amendment. Now we have that right.
    No, sir. The Constitution did not CREATE that right. It was endowed by our Creator centuries- perhaps millenia- before the Constitution was written. That right, and several other fundamental, inalienable rights, are simply recognized and theoretically protected by the Constitution. Freedom of speech, religion, and the press, the right to peaceably assemble and to petition our government, freedom from unreasonable search and seizure, freedom from prosecution except by due process of law.... Sound familiar?

All of these rights predate the Constitution by a far stretch, and will exist long after our republic withers away.

...Or as long as there is a humanity to whom they may apply. Call me an optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by unclecharlie View Post
    No, sir. The Constitution did not CREATE that right. It was endowed by our Creator centuries- perhaps millenia- before the Constitution was written. That right, and several other fundamental, inalienable rights, are simply recognized and theoretically protected by the Constitution. Freedom of speech, religion, and the press, the right to peaceably assemble and to petition our government, freedom from unreasonable search and seizure, freedom from prosecution except by due process of law.... Sound familiar?

All of these rights predate the Constitution by a far stretch, and will exist long after our republic withers away.
    Going to have to respectfully disagree with you. Those rights didn't truly exist until they were codified in the Constitution. A right is not a right if the government doesn't have to respect it. If the "creator" gave those rights to ALL, why do only a few people in the world have those rights? So in my opinion our found fathers were the people that granted all of us those rights.

Going to have to respectfully disagree with you. Those rights didn't truly exist until they were codified in the Constitution. A right is not a right if the government doesn't have to respect it. If the "creator" gave those rights to ALL, why do only a few people in the world have those rights? So in my opinion our found fathers were the people that granted all of us those rights.
    I stand by my statement. Rights exist whether or not an existing government recognizes them. Otherwise how would warlords ever be prosecuted for war crimes or human rights violations? It's not just a semantics issue- ask a victim of tribal warfare from Darfur or a victim of 'ethnic cleansing' in Sarajevo if they had basic rights beyond being a victim of their local government.

Every human being has the same rights- including the rights of self defense, defense of family, and resisting tyranny. We just happen to be fortunate that in that the framers of our government had very recent and disagreeable experience with gross violations of their rights and decided to explicitly enumerate and preserve those rights as our basic foundation.

As you watch your rights withering in Colorado do you just comply since the government granted you those rights to begin with ? With your line of reasoning you just comply with any government regulation without a whimper, slowly nudged, then shoved into serfdom. Just trying to understand your thought process.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

Quote Originally Posted by Horsetrader View Post
    As you watch your rights withering in Colorado do you just comply since the government granted you those rights to begin with ? With your line of reasoning you just comply with any government regulation without a whimper, slowly nudged, then shoved into serfdom. Just trying to understand your thought process.
    If you disagree with the law, you work to change it, you just don't ignore it. That is why I have supported the groups that are working to get the new laws removed.

Actually old west the right to keep and bear did exist before the constitution even in old english law.
    So even though your opinon is that our founding fathers granted that right a simple google search will show you that isnt the case at all. Even Scotus at one point in 1875 ruled that the right to keep and bear arms was not dependent on 2A. That it simply existed and 2As only function was to limit the national governments power to interfere with it.

Creator or no creator, the right to keep and bear is as basic as right as the right to self defense and existed long before our Constitution did.
    BamaT and phreddy like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    I know many people that believe that insurrection cannot happen in this country. I am sure that a lot of people the world over thought the same thing about their country, but yet it happens. I am not fooled for one minute by what the present administration has in it's anti gun agenda, coupled by all their blunders. I would not be surprised to find out that the progressives (party) are actually using Obama as a pawn. Certainly no POTUS in my brief stay on this planet has been so incompetent, and that includes Nixon.
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Honestly, if you do not believe we are endowed by our creator with rights, or if you prefer we have rights by virtue of being fully sentient and thinking human beings with individual agency, as our founders believed and wrote prolifically about, including the "atheist" Jefferson (who attended church every Sunday, was a deacon, and prayed often), then you must believe they are simply an artificial construct created by men and resting on nothing but naked force. You don't absolutely have to have God, or a god; you can believe its self evident Natural Law, but once rights are a fungible concept that can change with the whims of the powerful, there is nothing to believe in, and certainly nothing worth dying for. If a government can grant it or take it away it simply cannot be a "right". As was eloquently pointed out, rights exist before, during, and absent government, and they ARE inalienable, in as much as no one can take them away unless you let them. There is always a choice, even if that choice leads to certain death.

The one thing I would have changed in that story was "extremists". Certainly apro pos for the times, but a more accurate word would be "traitors", because that is exactly and precisely what our founding fathers, the soldiers in the Revolutionary Army, and every Minuteman who resisted tyranny was in fact! They were traitors to their government and loyal servants to their creator, which is why more than 237 years later we hail them as heroes, and hold them as examples of our highest ideals and courage. Their rebellion against England, with all it's might and power, was as daunting as would be resisting tyranny in our time. We should not forget that, ever.
    niks and OMALLEY like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    The thing that people need to understand that at that time they had no legal authority to own those firearms. At that time they were part of the British Empire and the laws were set in London. The reality is that the people were criminals at that time. But these incidents were also the reason the 2nd Amendment was written. To protect future US Citizens from the same thing happening.
    Prior to propounding an uninformed and inaccurate view of history you should study the history of the 2nd Amendment! May I recommend you read and understand the Federalist Papers, the Anti-Federalist Papers, and The Founder's 2nd Amendment. Here are their links:

Amazon.com: The Founders' Second Amendment: Origins of the Right to Bear Arms [FOUNDERS 2ND AMENDMENT]: Books

The Unabridged Federalist Papers and Anti-Federalist Papers: John Jay, James Madison, Patrick Henry, Alexander Hamilton: 9781611042542: Amazon.com: Books

The Colonists were indeed "Subjects" of the King of England and as such suffered the same laws as the "Subjects" in Mother England! Now to quote from The Founding Father's 2nd Amendment, "Parliament had indeed, in the English Bill of Rights of 1689, declared certain "true, ancient and indubitable rights" including: "That the subjects which are Protestants, may have arms for their defense suitable to their Condition, and as allow by law."

Now if you study the Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers you will find that this formed the basis of our Second Amendment!

Now if you weren't Protestant, then I guess you were out of luck!
    phreddy likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links