Chicago July 4th Weekend Tally - 6 killed, 28 injured by gun violence

This is a discussion on Chicago July 4th Weekend Tally - 6 killed, 28 injured by gun violence within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sun Times: Violent start to holiday weekend: 6 dead, at least 28 others wounded No surprise coming from Chicago and their disarmament of victims. What ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Chicago July 4th Weekend Tally - 6 killed, 28 injured by gun violence

Chicago July 4th Weekend Tally - 6 killed, 28 injured by gun violence

Sun Times: Violent start to holiday weekend: 6 dead, at least 28 others wounded

No surprise coming from Chicago and their disarmament of victims.

What about in good ol' Arkansas? Not a single new murder and next month they should be getting open carry as well!

And they say that new gun laws (read: restrictions) are the answer...

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a slow weekend in the Windy city. Could be all the hot air coming from that joker Chicago calls a mayor.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    more GUN CONTROL that will help just ask bloomy in NY.!!!

Text taken from the bottom of the article.

Nobody is in custody for any of the murders.
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianSteel View Post

What about in good ol' Arkansas? Not a single new murder and next month they should be getting open carry as well!

Most of the shootings appear gang related. Last I heard they all had guns. How would gun laws (or lack of) have changed any of these shootings?

Why don't folks ever compare Chicago with Detroit or Flint MI who have the same gun laws of the state? It is always Chicago and Houston or Chicago and whatever convenient comparisn we can make.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member
    Wha? How could this be, they have some of the toughest gun control laws in the country.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I wonder when B.O. is done if he'll retire there?

The place is obviously outta control................IMO.

Chicago = Citizens disarmed high murder rate.

Insanity = Doing same thing repeatedly expecting different results.

Chicago has almost become like America's Baghdad, where bombings and killings are just kind of taken for granted. How pathetic is that? It's not going to change until the good people of Chicago rise up, demand their God-given right to self protection and confront the bad guys to take back the city.
    Growing up just south of the city, it's tough to watch a once great city in such decline.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar

I don't believe this, they don't allow guns in Chicago. Better check Snopes.
    ItalianSteel and Jeanlouise like this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Most of the shootings appear gang related. Last I heard they all had guns. How would gun laws (or lack of) have changed any of these shootings?

Why don't folks ever compare Chicago with Detroit or Flint MI who have the same gun laws of the state? It is always Chicago and Houston or Chicago and whatever convenient comparisn we can make.
    I do not doubt the cause of these shootings, you're most certainly correct. Doing some more research to see "how the entire weekend ended up," it seemed to total 67 shot, 11 killed this last holiday weekend in Chicago alone. It's a tragedy no doubt but I think it deserves looking into as to 'why' these things can continue to occur. Restricting law-abiding citizens from properly defending themselves is never going to be a wise idea.

I don't think the area is as important as the basic principle here. If you were in Houston, Detroit, or Chicago (assuming legal carrying), would you defend yourself any different? Would you defend yourself differently (or not at all) if it was a gangbanger instead of another BG? Yes, there are bad areas all throughout the country; however, I fail to see why disarming the people there would be of any benefit.

Gangs do not prosper in areas where their potential targets are armed. Yes, gang warfare can occur and exists, but I'm talking from a law-abiding citizen perspective. Gangs are criminals by trade, they understand risks to their chosen "profession" and prey on the weak/unarmed. I really doubt most gang members would enjoy thinking "well this guy very well could be armed too" when casing out their next targets. Why let them have the monopoly on violence?

The central point is that places like Chicago and NYC are enacting these restrictive gun laws under the guise of "security" and "public safety." If they were effective wouldn't there be a curb in incidents like these? The fact that they are about as effective as the Clinton AWB shows it's not the solution. Now once they get a CC program up and rolling, I'd love to see how these stats go in the coming months and years.

VIP Member
    Timestamp on the article was Friday at 14:43. I wonder what the full weekend count really was.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Timestamp on the article was Friday at 14:43. I wonder what the full weekend count really was.
    At least 9 dead, dozens wounded in Chicago during holiday weekend shootings | Fox News
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Now once they get a CC program up and rolling, I'd love to see how these stats go in the coming months and years.
    I don't think the numbers will change all that much. It may curb the random mugging-shooting, but most of the shooting is gang,ghetto,drug,thug related and it is a way of life for them. ie: you looked at my girl-BANG, I want your shoes-BANG, you lookin at me-BANG. That behavior isn't going to change within that culture by allowing good people to carry. It may restrict their TERRORTORIES a little. Just my opinion.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links