Gifford’s and crew make secretive stop in Raleigh NC

This is a discussion on Gifford’s and crew make secretive stop in Raleigh NC within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Giffords meets with gun control supporters in Raleigh RALEIGH, N.C. — Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords visited Raleigh Sunday as part of a nationwide "Rights ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By chiefjason
  • 3 Post By NONAME762
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By noway2
  • 2 Post By elmacgyver0
  • 3 Post By ItalianSteel

Thread: Gifford’s and crew make secretive stop in Raleigh NC

VIP Member

Gifford’s and crew make secretive stop in Raleigh NC

Giffords meets with gun control supporters in Raleigh

RALEIGH, N.C. — Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords visited Raleigh Sunday as part of a nationwide "Rights and Responsibilities Tour" to highlight ways they believe tougher laws can reduce gun violence.

She and her husband, former astronaut Mark Kelly, are the co-founders of the gun violence prevention group Americans for Responsible Solutions.
    Sunday's event, which was not open to the public, drew protesters, who said Giffords and Kelly's goal is to create a national gun owner registry and restrict private ownership.
    Giffords meets with gun control supporters in Raleigh :: WRAL.com

Brought to you by WRAL, the station that provided the searchable database of gun owners similar to the one for convicted sex offenders.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Funny that their "conversations" are always so one sided. We are the ones willing to talk. They just want to tell us what to do, not listen. They brought their own "gun owners" to populate their "round table discussion" and refused to let GRNC on the table. Told them it was by invitation only. Nice.
    NONAME762 and blitzburgh like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Thumbs down

Since most of my comments wouldn't stand Moderator scrutiny I'll just be the guy fuming and mumbling to myself over there.

The last time I commented about that Gifford woman I bought myself 5 points I didn't need.
    blitzburgh, WHEC724 and darbo like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Giffords meets with gun control supporters in Raleigh :: WRAL.com

Brought to you by WRAL, the station that provided the searchable database of gun owners similar to the one for convicted sex offenders.
    I'd love to see WRAL get sued into the Stone Age. Lose their FCC license, call letters/call sign and top management fired and blackballed FOREVER.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    I read that WRAL nonsense this morning. What else can I expect from a Monday morning I suppose.......
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    From the article: "In six months since Newtown, our national response has been to do nothing," Kelly said. "It's unacceptable."

Probably because people know the type of shootings that happened in Newtown and to Giffords are relatively isolated incidents. No amount of gun control would have stopped them because they are committed by people who are mentally ill. How will more control stop that when the guns used in Newtown were stolen? Maybe they should have more laws against stealing. They could tour the country with their "Stop Stealing Now" campaign.

I think Kelly is using this to drum up political support from the Antis. I wonder if he's planning to run for Gifford's old seat.
    Oldpsufan and msgt/ret like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The were grand marshals at a 4th parade in a Cincinnati suburb this weekend-front page coverage in the local paper (which is a Gannett publication which is very anti 2A).
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    From the article: "In six months since Newtown, our national response has been to do nothing," Kelly said. "It's unacceptable."

Probably because people know the type of shootings that happened in Newtown and to Giffords are relatively isolated incidents. No amount of gun control would have stopped them because they are committed by people who are mentally ill. How will more control stop that when the guns used in Newtown were stolen? Maybe they should have more laws against stealing. They could tour the country with their "Stop Stealing Now" campaign.

I think Kelly is using this to drum up political support from the Antis. I wonder if he's planning to run for Gifford's old seat.
    I would see that as a distinct possibility, get his face out there and start building a support base early.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

......and they have managed to convince themselves that stepping on the necks of law abiding gun owners is the "common sense approach".
    The easy way is always mined.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I saw the news brief about this event on News 14 (the TWC news channel) and was pleased to note that they gave about as much time to Giffords/Kelly as they did to showing the people outside with green signs saying, "guns save lives" (sponsored by GRNC).
    NONAME762 likes this.

I wonder how many ranges they stopped at on their tour?

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Funny that their "conversations" are always so one sided. We are the ones willing to talk. They just want to tell us what to do, not listen. They brought their own "gun owners" to populate their "round table discussion" and refused to let GRNC on the table. Told them it was by invitation only. Nice.
    Don't worry, if they want your opinion they will give it to you.
    blitzburgh and msgt/ret like this.

They're barking in the wrong state. NC and SC are on the clear road to improving gun laws where they actually need improvement -- less restrictions, not more.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I do wonder what else,do they have in mind?.They are not as pro 2a as anyone else,as they claim.That's a bunch of crap.

Links