Example of unintended consequences when hasty in passing laws

This is a discussion on Example of unintended consequences when hasty in passing laws within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did new Florida law make computers and phones illegal? - CNN.com ...not that this could happen with, say, health care or gun control laws... edit: ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By sealteam20001

Thread: Example of unintended consequences when hasty in passing laws

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

Example of unintended consequences when hasty in passing laws

Did new Florida law make computers and phones illegal? - CNN.com

...not that this could happen with, say, health care or gun control laws...

edit: on reflection, the link reflects an unintended train wreck, so I guess it really doesn't compare with health care or gun control.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm so fed up with laws being passed before they are throughly read, understood and these unintended consequences thought out.
    It seems to be happening more often. With sweeping laws like Obamacare, it will change the country forever. Those laws should NOT be enacted without a lot of thought and maybe even a "cooling off" period so dummies like Pelosi and Reed can't sneek them in under the radar.

The all time stupidist, most dangerous statement EVER made (IMO) was Pelosi saying "we have to pass the bill before we read what's in it..."

OMG...think of the consequences to our country of doing that in the coming years!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    I agree a lot of people are fed up. But not enough to vote them out.. They remind me of a old dog on our farm he'd be gone for days, and sure enough I'M BACK.........
    Betty likes this.

I'm sorry, but in today's 'the government will protect us' society, I'm finding this completely hilarious.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I recall another thread similar to this one a couple months ago and JL's comment was almost word for word what she said today.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    " Screaming out my window" i'm mad as hell and i'm not going to take it any more. From some movie i seen . I am mad really .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post
    I agree a lot of people are fed up. But not enough to vote them out.. They remind me of a old dog on our farm he'd be gone for days, and sure enough I'M BACK.........
    I've wondered about this too. In the last election, all we heard about was how dissatisfied voters were with Congress and the poor job they were doing. I expected to see a lot of incumbents being replaced and yet most of them were voted right back in. What gives?
    Never get out of the boat....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I'm so fed up with laws being passed before they are throughly read, understood and these unintended consequences thought out.
    It seems to be happening more often. With sweeping laws like Obamacare, it will change the country forever. Those laws should NOT be enacted without a lot of thought and maybe even a "cooling off" period so dummies like Pelosi and Reed can't sneek them in under the radar.

The all time stupidist, most dangerous statement EVER made (IMO) was Pelosi saying "we have to pass the bill before we read what's in it..."

OMG...think of the consequences to our country of doing that in the coming years!
    Everything Obama and company does is well thought out and the purpose of it all is the complete destruction of our wonderful country..

Links