Chicago may bring in the National Guard to deal with crime

This is a discussion on Chicago may bring in the National Guard to deal with crime within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is the recipe, folks. Take away the ability for citizens to defend themselves, and once things get really bad just institute a form of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Chicago may bring in the National Guard to deal with crime

Exclamation Chicago may bring in the National Guard to deal with crime

This is the recipe, folks. Take away the ability for citizens to defend themselves, and once things get really bad just institute a form of martial law with the Nation Guard running your city. All under the watchful eye of the chief hoodlum and mob boss extraordinaire Rahm Emanuel!

Ill. Rep Requests National Guard Help Stop Chicago Violence CBS St. Louis

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    This is the recipe, folks. Take away the ability for citizens to defend themselves, and once things get really bad just institute a form of martial law with the Nation Guard running your city. All under the watchful eye of the chief hoodlum and mob boss extraordinaire Rahm Emanuel!

Ill. Rep Requests National Guard Help Stop Chicago Violence CBS St. Louis
    Don't worry silly...it's All For The Children; even says so in the article.

What could go wrong? What's the matter, you don't want to protect "The Children".
    perfection and Goat_Guy like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I don't understand why Chicago needs the NG. After all, Chicago doesn't have conceal carry, yet. Why don't they just post signs...."NO GUNS ALLOWED"...or better yet "GUN FREE ZONE". That will take care of the problem. Maybe I should be mayor of Chicago. I could use the extra money. There's a S&W revolver I've been wanting to buy.
    BamaT and Jeanlouise like this.

Let's say just for giggles the NG do come in. Will the NG troops have live ammo and full mags or will they not be issued ammo? I read somewhere quite some time ago where NG used somewhere but the troops weren't issued/allowed to carry ammo. If such were the case and that tidbit of intel were to get on the news IMHO the NG would be useless in crime prevention or control.
    tony1990 and Jeanlouise like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Let's say just for giggles the NG do come in. Will the NG troops have live ammo and full mags or will they not be issued ammo? I read somewhere quite some time ago where NG used somewhere but the troops weren't issued/allowed to carry ammo. If such were the case and that tidbit of intel were to get on the news IMHO the NG would be useless in crime prevention or control.
    That's akin to carrying without a round in the chamber. I did a Google search on this a few minutes ago, and it looks like this particular rumor is months/years old. It's too bad that Chicago is in such dire straits. I'm not sure that conceal carry can help this situation. Once crime is so rampant, with such little regard for human life, what's the good guy going to do with a SD weapon? There are areas of Chicago that are war zones.
    Jeanlouise and USM1976 like this.

This is pretty scary stuff...

How can a police department, and city government allow things to get so far out of control? This seems to be an escalating pattern. Rahm Emanual is such the political animal, but would he actually allow this kind of crime to further a political agenda? Chicago Government CANT be this ineffective.

Politics aside, I'd support allowing the average person being allowed to arm themself. However this isnt the root of the problem, nor is it a soloution. Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, Baltimore, and other places are way far too gone. Funny how the most desperate places to live are bastions of liberal, progressive enlightenment and poster children for the nanny state. Destroy or disinsentiveize (IS THAT A WORD? LOL) the family structure, marginalize the father figure, and a school system based on fiction, and failure without consiquence... This is what you get.

They cant allow the average citizen to arm and protect themself for two reasons. First the body count would spike with honest citizens protecting themselves. Second it would allow every citizen to think and act forthemself and become that much less reliant on the state. So the answer from these is people so invested in poverty and victimization is to bring in another level of government control, and oppression. The national guard is the military. The military is not the police... Just like the police is not the military. This is a local government and policing issue. Not a military issue. Absent a major disaster, or unchecked civil unrest the military has no bussines in the streets of any American city.

It's quite obvious the government of Chicago is incapable of effectively dealing with the crime level. There's a saying that if the only tool a man own's is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. Thats the limited view of government in action. The only answer they can see is...More government. My opinion is they need to look a little to the right and try... Different government. If it's so bad why dont the Governor put the state police in charge of the Chicago P.D. fire the current chief, and put the whole shebang under the Governors office.

Rant Off
    Sorry
    TVJ, tony1990, Goat_Guy and 2 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    That's akin to carrying without a round in the chamber. I did a Google search on this a few minutes ago, and it looks like this particular rumor is months/years old. It's too bad that Chicago is in such dire straits. I'm not sure that conceal carry can help this situation. Once crime is so rampant, with such little regard for human life, what's the good guy going to do with a SD weapon? There are areas of Chicago that are war zones.
    I don't know if this has ever actually been the case with the NG but I can definitely see it being a possibility in the near future.
    Similar to the ATF and border guards using bean bags instead of real ammo.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

And I used to think the old west was filled with lawlessness. I doubt every old west town put together ever had the body count that Chicago has in one year.
    tony1990 and Secret Spuk like this.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    During my time in the National Guard(Admittedly many moons ago) I was deployed to Clifton Morenci area during a mining strike. I was issued ammunition for both my .45 and my 12 gauge in addition to a bayonet for the 12 gauge. In quarters chambers were empty,while out on patrol with DPS chambers were loaded.

The "no live ammo" business comes from examples of rioting in Miami and Los Angeles, where the NG was called out. I've only heard of it through word of mouth so I don't have a source, but apparently they put NG troops on patrol in Miami to quell a riot and they were carrying unloaded weapons. They had no ammunition whatsoever. In the case of the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles, the NG was called out and it was immediately publicized in the media that they were not given ammunition. I don't know if the NG leadership refused to give them ammo or they just didn't have any to give them, but active duty "federal" military was brought in shortly thereafter; they had live ammo.

Maybe I'm just simple minded but I can't see any legitimate reason for giving someone a weapon to carry openly and forbidding ammunition. It seems to defy logic of any kind.
    tony1990 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Forget the guard all they need to do is import bloomy from NY. he will solve the problem..?
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Maybe they're bringing in the NG so that when CC goes into effect, the decrease in crime that will naturally occur will simply be written off as a fluke? I can hear it now, "Concealed carry has nothing to do with Chicago'a decrease in crime, it's obviously the National Guard's involvement that caused the decrease!"

Chicago is a sh*t hole that just gets deeper and deeper. It's the "big government solves everything" poster child and yet they have more violent crime, more people living on the dole, and more anti-social behavior every week. Doesn't anyone living there stop to wonder how Obama's old stomping grounds could be such a dump if our nanny state solutions actually solved anything?
    tony1990 likes this.
    Never get out of the boat....

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    If wikipedia is right,i'm wondering,if Chicago's murder rate can be helped.Hopefully someone can.Every place has crime,but,it makes no sense,there.It never seems to let up.

Homicides in Chicago by year:

1990: 851
    1991: 927
    1992: 943
    1993: 855
    1994: 931
    1995: 828
    1996: 796
    1997: 761
    1998: 704
    1999: 643
    2000: 633
    2001: 667
    2002: 656
    2003: 601
    2004: 453
    2005: 451
    2007: 448
    2006: 471
    2008: 513
    2009: 459
    2010: 436
    2011: 435
    2012: 506

I feel much more comfortable if they would just let the true "Professionals" handle the situation.....the Department of Homeland Security.

After all.....they're the ones that have been buying up all the freaking ammo. Might as well put it to good use.

Our Hero.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links