Gun control VS Car control

This is a discussion on Gun control VS Car control within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Often been told it's like comparing apples to oranges... it ain't the same... Maybe not... But my point has always been that a man can ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: Gun control VS Car control

Often been told it's like comparing apples to oranges... it ain't the same... Maybe not...

But my point has always been that a man can commit homicide with a car, spend his time in the pokey and five years later do it all over again legally... of course, they don't always do it legally...

Case in point: Vehicular Homicide #2

I don't know who he killed the first time... but this time, it was his own father.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I suppose it would be a more symmetrical argument if we paid annual gun registration and carried liability insurance. Not sure if we want to go down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    I suppose it would be a more symmetrical argument if we paid annual gun registration and carried liability insurance. Not sure if we want to go down that road.
    Of course we don't want to go down that road... But, the point is we don't ban the weapon, ... it does no good.. and just like many real gun crimes, we don't punish the criminal enough.... so he gets out and does it again.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links