Intresting... The POTUS now has the 'keys' to all our communications

This is a discussion on Intresting... The POTUS now has the 'keys' to all our communications within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; On the government’s official website for the National Communications Systems, the government explains that that “infrastructure includes wireline, wireless, satellite, cable, and broadcasting, and provides ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By NONAME762

Thread: Intresting... The POTUS now has the 'keys' to all our communications

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA

Intresting... The POTUS now has the 'keys' to all our communications

On the government’s official website for the National Communications Systems, the government explains that that “infrastructure includes wireline, wireless, satellite, cable, and broadcasting, and provides the transport networks that support the Internet and other key information systems,” suggesting that the president has indeed effectively just allowed himself to control the country’s Internet access

Obama gives himself control of all communication systems in America ? RT USA

Wonder why I haven't heard of this til now.....?

The whole EO can be read here...
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

Wait for it...."For the children" will come....
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Obama goes through Executive Orders like a hungry kid goes through a bag of potato chips.
    Never get out of the boat....

I wonder what the HAM community thinks of this?
    goldshellback likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I wonder what the HAM community thinks of this?
    Funny thing, that was my first thought... not the internet or the TV/radio stations, but the HAM/MARS operators that ALWAYS had 'decent' comms up and running in times of actual emergencies.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

I just read through this, and find very little that is surprising or out of line. Basically it just says communications is important and assigns responsibility for keeping communications going . Whats new?

snopes.com: President Obama's 923 Executive Orders

US President issues Executive Order that gives him control of the internet | ExtremeTech

Communications Act of 1934, the power to “suspend or amend… the rules and regulations applicable to any or all stations or devices capable of emitting electromagnetic radiations within the jurisdiction of the United States” — i.e. Obama already has an internet kill switch (as did Bush and every other president since Hoover).

Quote Originally Posted by Dougb View Post
    I just read through this, and find very little that is surprising or out of line. Basically it just says communications is important and assigns responsibility for keeping communications going . Whats new?
    I guess part of my thought-process is what is/will be deemed an 'emergency'... I don't care so much about which party the POTUS represents (Bush started this nonsence with the Patriot Act, Homeland Security, and the TSA). Something here just isn't right......

Is it just keeping communications open or would it also mean shutting down the internet like Egypt did during the "Arab Spring"?

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    My guess, I think its going to get worst before better?

Links