San Fransico Crash

This is a discussion on San Fransico Crash within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Asiana Airlines says bogus pilot names report damaged its reputation" Sorry guys but I think flying that plane into the ground is what damaged your ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By OutWestSystems
  • 1 Post By Goat_Guy

Thread: San Fransico Crash

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar

San Fransico Crash

"Asiana Airlines says bogus pilot names report damaged its reputation"

Sorry guys but I think flying that plane into the ground is what damaged your reputation.

For those that haven't heard the following names were listed as the Flight Crew; Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk" and "Bang Ding Ow", the names were confirmed by an NTSB intern.
    Brad426, atctimmy and msgt/ret like this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post

Sorry guys but I think flying that plane into the ground is what damaged your reputation.

For those that haven't heard the following names were listed as the Flight Crew; Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk" and "Bang Ding Ow", the names were confirmed by an NTSB intern.
    Bam. Don't get all used to me liking your posts, but here we see eye to eye.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Yes, they would be smart to just let it go. Trying to curry public indignation by making a big deal out of a tasteless joke just attracts more attention to the incident. And more media attention is one thing they don't need.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Never get out of the boat....

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Well it is official, Asiana Airlines is going to sue the station.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post

Now, how is this damaging? It's not like the real names were icons of the political world or entertainment world, like NBC reported that Nancy Pelosi was the pilot. I don't know or care the names of the real ones now.

And if you own an airline that just had a major crash, what would you want first: to have people forget the crash. So you bring a suit, announce it the news, and pick an icon of NEWS, NBC, to sue and make the topic sure to have to deal with the time of the CRASH.

I wonder if their mechanics are of the same quality as management and that was the problem.

Links